DeFiCaToR

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've narrowed it down to 3 TV's to buy.

Samsung PS42Q96HD for £648
Panasonic TH42PX70 for £848
Samsung PS50C96HD for £748

All of the above prices are with various codes for Curry's or Dixon's.

Now, to me, the 50" looks like the best deal but the single HDMI is putting me off somewhat. But as I'd only connect up a HD DVD player and my XBox360 to it at the moment, for now, I don't think that'd be an issue. But still the option of 3 HDMI ports on the PS42Q96HD may sway me in case I get Sky HD or anything later.

I've read reviews for them all and the PS42Q96HD seems to, just about, have the more favourable reviews.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

... Now, to me, the 50" looks like the best deal but the single HDMI is putting me off somewhat ...

It has two HDMI inputs.

See attached image taken from the user manual that can be downloaded from the Samsung web site.

Also you might consider buying from JL online and getting the 5 year warranty - with discount voucher amd using Quidco - you can get it for around £845 - quite a deal!

Gussie :)

Attachments

• interfaces.jpg
    interfaces.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,836
It has two HDMI inputs.

See attached image taken from the user manual that can be downloaded from the Samsung web site.

Also you might consider buying from JL online and getting the 5 year warranty - with discount voucher amd using Quidco - you can get it for around £845 - quite a deal!

yes, 2 HDMI for definite, I own one... great tv. J lewis is the way to go as well.

Well

You should be happy with either of the three choices

Make sure you demo then to see which you prefer

For that money you cant loose can you

Yes id like a fujitsu but i cant afford it

J Lewis are out of stock.for some reason the voucher codes do not work on currys website.worked yesterday, that's what i get for pondering...

J Lewis are out of stock.for some reason the voucher codes do not work on currys website.worked yesterday, that's what i get for pondering...

He who hesitates laughs last or something like that :D

well just got off the phone to John Lewis Newcastle and they have stock
the woman said they will never go online for sale. 899 + 5 year warranty free deliv.pleased with that..:thumbsup:

He who hesitates laughs last or something like that :D

Yes I think you are right there !!!

I just cannot believe that it said 'more than 10 in stock' on JL's website on Friday, and now there are NONE ! :mad:

Was thinking of getting this one aswell, and at £899 + 5 year guarantee a very good deal.

Does roofer mean that JL will not be offering them on their website again ? Drat, another possible plasma purchase gone to pot !

Does roofer mean that JL will not be offering them on their website again ? Drat, another possible plasma purchase gone to pot !

according to the woman on the phone at JL these are available in store only
and will not be available online they sold 26 on Saturday in-store..

according to the woman on the phone at JL these are available in store only
and will not be available online they sold 26 on Saturday in-store..

What do you expect the instore staff to say ...

Sure go ahead and wait for the online stock to come back - of course not - they want you to buy instore.

Can't believe that this is a one time offer online - this is one of the few market areas that is pretty buoyant amongst these debt ridden times.

I believe Samsung have simply decided on a new price point for 50" screens - so don't worry!

What do you expect the instore staff to say ...

Sure go ahead and wait for the online stock to come back - of course not - they want you to buy instore.

Can't believe that this is a one time offer online - this is one of the few market areas that is pretty buoyant amongst these debt ridden times.

I believe Samsung have simply decided on a new price point for 50" screens - so don't worry!

I hope you are right Gussie :)

The info the in-store JL woman told him was incorrect in any case because the PS50C96HD is advertised for sale on their website so much so that on Friday it was showing 'more than 10 in stock'.

However if they did actually manage to sell 26 in store on Saturday - sounds a lot to sell in one day ! - that would explain why online 'more than 10' went to ZILCH in a day !

Hard to say if they will have them back on-line as there is no 'email me when in-stock' link for the PS50C96HD :(

Went to buy my 50" from Dixons on Saturday and they sold out.

Back to bloody square one again.

you can get the px70 for at least £100 cheaper.

Still can't really decide between the 50 inch c97 or the x70. Am taking my xbox to them.....................

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom