PS4...worth the upgrade now?

UKTechMan76

Novice Member
Hi. Recently sold my PS3 but now i'm missing playing games and watching my Blu-ray films. I'm thinking of buying a preowned console but i'm kinda thinking of the PS4. But is it worth getting one now? My worries...
1. Fighting games - not enough of them at this very moment. My top 4 (Tekken Tag 2, Ultimate Marvel v Capcom 3, Ultra Street Fighter IV, MK) are all on PS3.
2. Downloaded games - I got some games from PSN and i'm not sure if they are even downloadable or even compatible to play for the PS4. e.g. SFIII Third Strike. And its not just games. the DLC's I have downloaded might not even be "transferable".
3. Games still a wee bit expensive

I'm not a hard core gamer but i would like to have that option and comfort to know i can play this or that game on my PS4 when i'm on my dayoff or just doing nothing.

Please advice.

Det

Distinguished Member
If you're strictly into fighting games then this is the WORST time to pick up a PS4. There aren't many (think it's just Injustice). If you're into Killer Instinct then you could look into an XBox One.

But really you should just pick up another PS3 if you want to play your old games. Street Fighter 5 IS confirmed for PS4 (exclusive I think) sometime next year or 2016. Although that doesn't help you much.

Next time, ask in the Games section because this section doesn't get much traffic at all.

UKTechMan76

Novice Member
I'm quite aware its is the worse time to pick up a PS4. All the fighting games are not out till Spring at least. I'm not even hoping for a SFV Summer release.

I'll repost on Games section. Thanks.

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
If you want to watch Bluray on your PS4, prepare for disappointment. There's a lip-sync issue that Sony have yet to correct.

There was a thread on here somewhere discussing it but can't find it.

Det

Distinguished Member
If you want to watch Bluray on your PS4, prepare for disappointment. There's a lip-sync issue that Sony have yet to correct.

There was a thread on here somewhere discussing it but can't find it.
Really? Is this only in the UK?