• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

PS4 will launch Worldwide this year

hodg100

Distinguished Member
Gamestop Exec debags the cat

The executive vice president of US retailer Gamestop, Michael Hogan, believes Sony is gearing up to launch the PS4 globally in 2013, which goes against some thoughts that it wouldn't be until next year that we saw it in the UK.
Hogan was speaking to investors at the Company's fourth quarter earnings report where he said:

"We know that Sony will introduce the PlayStation 4 globally in 2013, but we are still waiting to see what Microsoft's final plans are.

"We have scenarios with one console introduction, as well as with two. Even a single launch in 2013 will drive double-digit console growth in 2014; and two launches would likely drive the console category north of 20 per cent growth."

Sony has already said the PS4 would drop in the 'holiday of 2013' but was vague if that was going to be in more in all territories or, as many suspected, just the USA and Japan.

Christmas list now being drawn up.

Source: CVG

Attachments

Nevaborn

We already know the hardware is great. If they can get it at the £300 price and sort backwards compatible downloads.

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
This is called "Michael Hogan trying to spike up the share price of his company".

IvorB

Novice Member
For the love of God Sony, just release this thing now so that I may purchase it.

Stephen Carter

AVF Games Reviewer
£300 or under and I will be sold

Pistachio

I did not get around to buying a PS4 and turned into a die-hard Xbox fan. But everything I have heard about the PS4 sounds great (well perhaps not the gimicky controller) and I would happily queue and fork out about £300 for a PS4.

Maybe that is jumping the gun a little, but I can just see a MS press conference focusing on kinect, TV, music and sports apps and losing sight of gaming.

Nevaborn

Pistachio said:
I did not get around to buying a PS4 and turned into a die-hard Xbox fan. But everything I have heard about the PS4 sounds great (well perhaps not the gimicky controller) and I would happily queue and fork out about £300 for a PS4.

Maybe that is jumping the gun a little, but I can just see a MS press conference focusing on kinect, TV, music and sports apps and losing sight of gaming.
Well everything I hear about the 720 makes me want to buy a PS4 ( was going to anyway ). Looking to be same hardware but the Xbox is going more gimicky with gestures and streaming and online control.

PS4 looks to be going more media based. If they can sort backwards compatibility downloads and not make you pay for already owned games it will be a massive boost to the console.

I just hope with the power and heat these things will be at in a small confined space they have seriously worked on ventilation, dust management and reliability with this generation.

Also hopefully they allow for easy upgradability.

vaktmestern

Banned
Hate the look of the pad they couldnt still fix the layout of the sticks,and the charing of videos clips n pictures to friends ... imagine all the fools sending they cod kills :facepalm: spam heaven.

Hope the x720 impress more than what sony has been showing.

Last edited:

IvorB

Novice Member
Hate the look of the pad they couldnt still fix the layout of the sticks,and the charing of videos clips n pictures to friends ... imagine all the fools sending they cod kills :facepalm: spam heaven.

Hope the x720 impress more than what sony has been showing.
The layout of the sticks is perfect. I would be up-in-arms if they changed it. My mates and I are really looking forward to the share button as we always want to show each other stuff that happened in game but have never had the facility. Different strokes for different folks I guess...:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom