• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

durbin

Standard Member
Hey all,

considering getting PSVR as there is a decent zombie game due out soon.

what are people’s thoughts on it ( PSVR ) ?

had a quick look into it and doesn’t seem like the PS4 can handle the better quality VR sets you get on PC.

bilbosmeggins

Distinguished Member
Hi Durbin. You are in the wrong forum, as this is the PC VR one. There are one or two here that have used PSVR, but not much. There is a specific PSVR sub-forum in the PS4 area that seems reasonably vibrant.

thesnowdog

I'd highly recommend a PC VR headset over PSVR myself. The games available are MUCH better and you have the advantage of super sampling and Mods. Plus the controllers are MILES better.

It's more expensive if you don't already have a VR Ready PC but in this situation you really do get what you pay for.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
PSVR has some of the best VR games ever made so for its price point, its pretty fantastic. RE7VR is easily the best VR horror game of all time with best in class sound design. Astrobot kills it etc.

I'd get a PSVR and run through the exclusives on PSVR, make sure you like VR.

Then I'd sell the PSVR and the games you bought for it and get either a HP Reverb or a Valve Index with a gaming PC (which is going to cost all together a hell of a lot more but give you a mid-range to high-end VR experience).

Fe_man2000

I have PSVR and a Quest with a gaming PC (which I already had) so in VR terms I am pretty budget focused, we still use the PSVR and there are a few really good games on it and it was on sale when I got it.

Do you have a gaming PC ? Is that an option as if not then PSVR is a cheap fun way to play some VR games - Res Evil 7, star wars Squadrons, ironman etc. Its comfy and works quite well. The down side are the camera used to track it is a single one and hence a lot of games have no proper motion to them as the camera cannot see behind you and the controllers are poor as there sticks with a light on them so a lot of games work best if you stay put, where as on the quest I move all over as the camera are mounted on the helmet, its much better but you need a gaming PC to get the most out of it really.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom