Ps4 vr 2 support! Plz help!

Jcrow61

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, I just received my replacement iron man vr bundle for the ps4 today. I am still having the same issues as the first one gave me, everything is hooked up correctly, my memory space is fine, and my ps4 is up to date on software, but when I initiate the VR software download an error pops up saying unable to download—-error code CE-41020-7. I’ve called PlayStation support and after two and half hours they couldn’t even help me. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this same problem and/or if someone could help me out. Would greatly appreciate it

Hello, I just received my replacement iron man vr bundle for the ps4 today. I am still having the same issues as the first one gave me, everything is hooked up correctly, my memory space is fine, and my ps4 is up to date on software, but when I initiate the VR software download an error pops up saying unable to download—-error code CE-41020-7. I’ve called PlayStation support and after two and half hours they couldn’t even help me. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this same problem and/or if someone could help me out. Would greatly appreciate it
You seem to be unlucky in that there are only two cases in Google search who experienced this issue and neither have a resolution.

It seems to me a corruption on PS4 system code and the only thing I can think of is to factory reset your PS4 to (make sure all of your games saves and gallery content, are backed up). Your games are always in your account library to be redownloaded.

Do you think that’ll actually resolve the issue? Cause I am almost over this whole VR.

Do you think that’ll actually resolve the issue? Cause I am almost over this whole VR.

I strongly think it will but no guarantees. You got so unlucky because as I say, your issue is hardly known...even at Sony it seems! For two headsets to cause the same rare problem is a million to one. So the issue is very likely to be your PS4. It seems that when your ps4 tried to install the psvr component software, there was an existing corrupted PS4 system element that prevents it from installing properly. A factory reset would rid such corrupted system elements. But its a hassle for sure as you need to backup your save games and gallery contents.

Question is, Is it worth your while resetting your ps4? As a lover of PSVR I would be unashamedly biased in my answer, yes. If you haven't experienced VR before, this could potentially blow your mind as it did for many of us.

Would be shame if you decide not to bother but it's understandable.

So I did the factory quick reset. And moved forward with the hooking up of the VR. I had it all shut down and plugged everything in exactly as guided. Powered the ps on first then the headset. Except this time I didn’t do the update when it was prompted once I turned the headset on, instead I went through the settings/devices/VR software update. And again after it downloaded it gave me an error code. This time however is was a different code ce-31127-4 🤦🏼‍♂️. So I moved to doing safe mode option 3 and went through that process successfully. I’m trying again now

Yep it’s a x-usb image in the headset and then it’s not even registering the vr in the settings/devices

Gosh, then it looks like your second headset is faulty too...worse luck you having there. I assume all of the headset/control box cables were replaced too and not just the headset itself?

Yes everything was returned and I was sent out a different vr set. So what do you think it is ?

Yes everything was returned and I was sent out a different vr set. So what do you think it is ?

I'm afraid I'm stumped, given you have done a factory reset and still get the issue. The fault could lie with two consecutive headsets or the PS4. No way of telling except have a friend try the headset on their ps4 to narrow down what's at fault. But with this lockdown that won't be practical.

One thought, did you ever change/upgrade the internal hard drive of your ps4?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom