PS4 to get Sky Go and Now TV apps later this year

Wronghole

Established Member
Reaction score
BRITISH BROADCASTER Sky announced on Thursday that Sky Go and Now TV apps will become available on the Sony Playstation 4 (PS4) games console later this year.

Sky announced the partnership during its third quarter earnings call on Wednesday, revealing that Now TV will arrive in the PS4 this summer, with Sky Go set to follow later in the year.

The firm has yet to reveal any further details about the apps, but the announcement means that PS4 owners will soon be able to log into their Sky account to watch TV shows and films through the games console.

Sky has announced what users will be able to watch, though, saying, "Sky Go includes all six Sky Sports channels, Eurosport, 11 Sky Movies channels, great entertainment from Sky Atlantic and third party channels such as FOX, plus hours of shows from Nickelodeon and others."

The firm added, "Now TV is the contract-free internet streaming service from Sky that provides instant access to hundreds of films from Sky Movies on demand, pay as you go access to live Sky Sports and must see shows on 10 of the best pay TV channels including Sky1, Sky Atlantic and Sky Living."

PS4 to get Sky Go and Now TV apps later this year- The Inquirer

Hope the Now TV app is better than the PS3 app, utter garbage and will be binning Now TV when Game of Thrones finishes.

Good, one of the few reasons im keeping my xbox360 is for the sky app.

I thought about giving the movie package a go but I doubt it's worth it for me at £8.99pm. I may as well buy a PSN card and stick to renting movies individually. For £29 I can watch approx. 10 new releases, which lasts me about 4 months.

Sign up to a month free, cancel and then get offered it for £4.99 like I did. It's a bargain for that

Nice.. nearly half price. I doubt they offer that to everyone who cancels after only a month, you must have got lucky. I'm going to wait till there's a few movies I want to watch and then give it a try.

Nice.. nearly half price. I doubt they offer that to everyone who cancels after only a month, you must have got lucky. I'm going to wait till there's a few movies I want to watch and then give it a try.
not sure, I got offered it when I went to cancel, i think it's just a standard part of their cancellation form. If you want it cheaper you can always buy vouchers from ebay or they sell the nowtv boxes with 5 months for £35 which works out to £7 a month and a free box to use in another room. Recently there's been a lot of the boxes with the vouchers going cheap all over the place, so I grabbed one that had 3 months of movies with it for £12.50 as mine was just about to expire. If you look around you can get it really cheaply.

The PS4 app isn't too bad, picture quality is as good as can be expected from a 720p source, I do wish that I could use my harmony with it though, going to retrieve a DS4 whenever I want to watch something is getting annoying but it's the price I pay for trying to keep the box count under the TV down

not sure, I got offered it when I went to cancel, i think it's just a standard part of their cancellation form. If you want it cheaper you can always buy vouchers from ebay or they sell the nowtv boxes with 5 months for £35 which works out to £7 a month and a free box to use in another room. Recently there's been a lot of the boxes with the vouchers going cheap all over the place, so I grabbed one that had 3 months of movies with it for £12.50 as mine was just about to expire. If you look around you can get it really cheaply.

The PS4 app isn't too bad, picture quality is as good as can be expected from a 720p source, I do wish that I could use my harmony with it though, going to retrieve a DS4 whenever I want to watch something is getting annoying but it's the price I pay for trying to keep the box count under the TV down

Cheers for that I just reserved the box +3 month pass at my local Argos for £12.50.

So can I use the same account details on my PS4 meaning I can watch a movie downstairs on PS4 and upstairs on the Now box at the same time?

I think the cancellation offer is just for 2 months and then it goes back up.

Cheers for that I just reserved the box +3 month pass at my local Argos for £12.50.

So can I use the same account details on my PS4 meaning I can watch a movie downstairs on PS4 and upstairs on the Now box at the same time?

I think the cancellation offer is just for 2 months and then it goes back up.

Yeah you can do that, the limit on each account is 4 registered devices, but only 2 simultaneous streams, so if you have a tablet or smartphone you can register that too, as long as you don't try to watch on all three at once and you have the bandwidth you'll be fine. I've now got a spare now tv box though as it was cheaper buying one for the pass than paying for the movies properly, not complaining though as I've had about 8 months of movies and entertainment for about £35 by combining deals, sky would have cost me that every month.

We quite like now tv though, I don't know if it's because there's less or the structuring it by the channels it was aired on but we find it a lot easier to find things to watch than using netflix or amazon.

Forgot to add, call now tv and see when the included voucher expires, you might be able to do the 30 day trial then use the voucher and get a 4th month free :thumbsup:

Yeah you can do that, the limit on each account is 4 registered devices, but only 2 simultaneous streams, so if you have a tablet or smartphone you can register that too, as long as you don't try to watch on all three at once and you have the bandwidth you'll be fine. I've now got a spare now tv box though as it was cheaper buying one for the pass than paying for the movies properly, not complaining though as I've had about 8 months of movies and entertainment for about £35 by combining deals, sky would have cost me that every month.

We quite like now tv though, I don't know if it's because there's less or the structuring it by the channels it was aired on but we find it a lot easier to find things to watch than using netflix or amazon.

Forgot to add, call now tv and see when the included voucher expires, you might be able to do the 30 day trial then use the voucher and get a 4th month free :thumbsup:

Do you just keep stacking codes then or are you setting up a new account each time there's a deal going? I set it up last night and currently on the 30 day trial, if I redeem the 3 month code will it stack on top of the current trial, so I get 4 months? The interface does seem a bit simpler and easier to use over Amazon however I would like the ability to save things to a 'watch later' list.

you can't stack codes but you can use more than one on each account. You have to enter it the day your old one runs out, it's frustrating as hell but you can get it dirt cheap if you're willing to do it. If i remember what happened to mine if you use the voucher now it will end your 30 day trial and start a sub from now, so wait until later in the trial and you'll get 3 months from that point instead of wasting 20+ days of getting it for free. I ended up with movies free for a few months and a load of sports passes just for using it on an LG TV but that offers ended, but I had to wait until the date the movies pass ran out before using my next 3 month voucher.

Not sure if there's a save for later option, there is a my tv bit at the bottom so you might be able to add to that without watching

Assuming the PS4 version works the same way as the LG tv version - The 'My TV' thing is basically a watch history. I use it as a 'watch later list' though by starting a film & then exiting it straight away, it then shows in the history for when you're ready to watch it :)

you can't stack codes but you can use more than one on each account. You have to enter it the day your old one runs out, it's frustrating as hell but you can get it dirt cheap if you're willing to do it. If i remember what happened to mine if you use the voucher now it will end your 30 day trial and start a sub from now, so wait until later in the trial and you'll get 3 months from that point instead of wasting 20+ days of getting it for free. I ended up with movies free for a few months and a load of sports passes just for using it on an LG TV but that offers ended, but I had to wait until the date the movies pass ran out before using my next 3 month voucher.

Not sure if there's a save for later option, there is a my tv bit at the bottom so you might be able to add to that without watching

OK I'll wait till end of the month before adding the code.

Assuming the PS4 version works the same way as the LG tv version - The 'My TV' thing is basically a watch history. I use it as a 'watch later list' though by starting a film & then exiting it straight away, it then shows in the history for when you're ready to watch it :)

Cheers for the tip. I think it might also give you recommendations based on what you've watched, could be wrong though.

Cheers for the tip. I think it might also give you recommendations based on what you've watched, could be wrong though.

It might do, I'm not sure. I don't use it an awful lot so not really noticed.

I watched my first movie using NowTV via the PS4 over the weekend, the movie was Hitchcock starring Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren, it was quite good. The 720p did not bother me at all however at times there was noticeable judder when the camera panned horizontally. I'm hoping this wont be a regular occurrence, I have very good internet speed so I know that wouldn't have caused the issue.

Sky Go is now on the PS4 I notice. Not sure how long its been there but its there and working and surprisingly very good quality as well!

Bit of random question , ( but i'll ask as few of you lot seem to use this service)
but one of my bothers has gotten a "now TV" box with 3 months entertainment package for a xmas gift for my dad
now while i was setting it up and making a new account, i read that sky users (me) can sign in and use the box im guessing free of charge ,
now is this right , so instead of having to top up every month or so , can i use my sky ID to sign in let my dad use his now tv box with my sky account ?

bearing in mind he is in a different house .

Bear in mind that, to use the PS4's Sky app, you are required to use Sky Go Plus, which is an extra £5/month on your Sky bill.
XBox users have also been forced in this direction.

Doubles all round for Sky TV shareholders !!

My friend has signed me in to the Sky app on my PS4 using his ID. His package let's him have up to 4 devices apparently. Pretty sweet.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom