PS4 remote play now on IOS

mark1080p

This is an awesome update and really cool I can play games on my iPhone in bed.

However, I don’t like the on screen controls though. They just don’t work for games like Call of Duty as the R1 button is at the top of the screen and just awkward to control.

If they can patch it so you can play the PS4 controller that would great. They could then sell brackets you can attach to the PS4 controller to clip on your iPhone.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
This is an awesome update and really cool I can play games on my iPhone in bed.

However, I don’t like the on screen controls though. They just don’t work for games like Call of Duty as the R1 button is at the top of the screen and just awkward to control.

If they can patch it so you can play the PS4 controller that would great. They could then sell brackets you can attach to the PS4 controller to clip on your iPhone.
I'm sure you can do that on Android already so would be surprised if you can't do it on iOS.

mark1080p

I'm sure you can do that on Android already so would be surprised if you can't do it on iOS.
I couldn’t get it to work, so watched the first video on this thread. The guy also confirmed the controller doesn’t work

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
I have use Remote Play on my Xperia Z5 Premium then Xperia XZ Premium for the past 2-3 years almost on a daily basis mainly at night before I fall asleep (it has completely eliminated my book reading habit...which is a drawback!!!) . It's an absolutely amazing feature. I am happy to hear Iphone users can now enjoy the same so I would like to pass on a couple of tips.

I highly recommend you all purchasing a durable Dualshock phone holder, it will make all the difference to PS4 gaming on your iphone. In fact, its essential, using the onscreen controls instead of a dualshock is just not practical. Secondly, buy another Dualshock controller for your remote play as everytime you pair the Dualshock, it loses pairing with the PS4 and so you have to keep on re-pairing the Dualshock with the PS4 after every remote play session.

I have never used an Ipad so I can't say what its like using that.

silvercue

Distinguished Member
Will take some getting used to with the onscreen ghost controls. I used to use my PSVita for this which was just so much easier to use.

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
System update to version 7 has now added remote play to all android 5.0 and above devices and added dual shock compatibility to android and iOS. I'm downloading it now to see how it goes on my pixel 3xl.

Also be interested to see if Android TV got any love for the app, not hopeful but you never know.

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
Picked up a cheap controller mount from ebay and gave this a go With Shadow of Colussus last night. The picture quality is pretty good, a definite improvement over the last time I tried remote play with my Vita two years ago. But the lag was an issue, I can’t see it being any good for Action games. Riding around in Aggro in SoC was doable but actually fighting anything was impossible. I only used it upstairs while the ps4 was on in our lounge so perhaps that extra distance affected it.

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
I tried it on Android with a ds4. It works and I had hardly any lag. It's a cool feature I like the idea of but still don't see myself using it that much. I'll see if I can remote in to the PS4 from worm tomorrow which could be cool. Not expecting amazing results but worth a try just to play with the new feature.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom