PS4 Pro - White Light of Death - questions - Fixed

HMTB

Hi everyone,

I went to play my PS4 Pro this afternoon, turned it on but got no picture on the TV. It switches on with the blue light then turns white and I get no signal. I've tried switching the HDMI ports around and tried to turn it on in Safe Mode but i still don't get a picture. It initially says shows a black screen with 576p, then that switches to the full 4k resolution, but then screen remains black and console light stays white and then nothing.

The console is only 2 years old and bought as an upgrade to a standard PS4.

Is there any way of me fixing this myself? Will giving it a bit of time help? Or is it definitely broken? Sony want £175 to either fix it or replace it. Would the replacement be an old refurbished unit does anyone know? They then only guarantee that for 3 months, which doesn't get me to PS5 if anything goes wrong.

If I buy a new one (which I am very reluctant to do) can I still transfer my game save data to the new console from this broken one or are my game saves automatically saved in the cloud? If I can't, I think I'll give up on the PS4 Pro until the PS5 comes out and just use my Xbox One X.

On a related point, I had one mission left to complete GTA V. If I buy that game on the Xbox One X, are there any cheats I can use to get me to the last mission? I would like to complete the game but there is zero chance I'm starting again.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

HMTB

Please ignore the questions above. The console is working again. I will add some info below in case somebody else has the same problem. First of all, I spent a while going through the Sony troubleshooting stuff and none of that worked. I gave up and wrote the post above.

I then went to play on my Xbox One X....and I got a tiny fuzzy picture load up in the middle of my screen instead of the usual full size, 4k image. Then I started to get worried that was broken too, which would be highly unlikely.

I remembered my tv recently had a software update (though i thought i had played on my ps4 since then, but perhaps not). I went to the settings section of my tv, and both my consoles are connected to HDMIs 2 & 3 (and set to enhanced). I put them back onto normal and then back on to enhanced. My xbox one x screen immediately went back to full size and clear. I turned the PS4 Pro back on and it actually produced a screen that said it was loading back up and that it hadn't been shut down properly.

Now everything is working fine. Very very strange.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom