Ps4 pro - upgraded harddrive

barney007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys n gals

I'm thinking upgrading your ones hard drive in his ps4 pro.

Has anyone done it yet?
If so with which one?
Have you had any problems since doing it?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
What did you do just crack it out the external case ?

Yes - you need to run a knife around the case to break the seal and then just remove four screws, prise the connector end off the hard drive and remove the silver foil. It's a five minute job. Then you can just swap out the PS4 hard drive and reconnect the silver foil and end connector (removed from the external hard drive) to the original PS4 hard drive and put it back into in the external case to use it as an external 1tb. Once the new 2tb hard drive is in the PS4 you need to transfer the firmware (via USB) and I then transferred everything between ps4s using a LAN.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi

Do you know if the 4Tb version of this will work with PS4 ? I'm looking to upgrade my current ps4 to the pro, but I already have a 2TB drive using the seagate portable drive a last year and it's almost full

Hi

Do you know if the 4Tb version of this will work with PS4 ? I'm looking to upgrade my current ps4 to the pro, but I already have a 2TB drive using the seagate portable drive a last year and it's almost full

4tb is too thick to fit in the PS4. You can fit larger drives, but you need a cable and an external caddy.

Changed mine out before even turning it on - put a 1Tb Samsung EVO SSD in (which was in my old PS4) - have to admit I can see the difference with the SSD in the Pro when I really couldn't in a normal ps4 (had hybrid SSD's as a comparison)

I changed my 500GB hdd to the seagate 2tb external hdd from Argos. Bit tricky getting the seagate case open but the only other hitch was not selecting the right firmware download for the PS4. So pleased now it's done though - will be swapping it out again when I get around to getting a pro.

Careful when ordering hdds, i got a wd 2tb hdd during the sales damn drive in side had usb port soldred on instead of sata. Good thing i can use it for xbone storage. Ordered the seagate one from amazon and thats sata so alls good

Yeah, WD drives all have that. A real pain.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom