Question Ps4 Pro to xbox one x

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by Doctor Smith, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Doctor Smith

Doctor Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    I currently have a ps4 Pro and a 4k blu ray player with a 4k oled tv.
    My question is has anyone gone from a ps4 Pro to an xbox one x and if so do you regret it?
    Are the ps4 exclusives worth sacrificing for the extra power of the x?
    Also the other reason for me wanting to switch consoles is Gamepass. Is Gamepass worth it?

2. Cha1ky

Cha1ky
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,289
    Not sure people would ever really regret switching either way TBH. You can always go back if its not to your liking.

Only you can decide if you want to sacrifice the PS4 exclusives for the power of the X and the X1 exclusives.

Gamepass is superb value for money.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  3. BigD18t

BigD18t
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,633
    I've just gone the other way, got bored of the xbox and fancied playing the exclusives, plus Xbox didn't show anything at E3 worth being excited about, certainly don't miss the console.

4. MisterRigsby

MisterRigsby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I’ve just traded my PS4 Pro for an XBoxX. It was the current Gamepass upgrade deal thing that tempted me. I really loathe the PS4 controller as well, so that was another reason. I’m not too fussed about the PS exclusives on the horizon to be honest, nothing really that I can’t do without. The only game I will miss playing is Bloodborne. I’ve got near enough a year and a half of Gamepass Ultimate for 50 quid. (The console came with 3 months.) Plenty of games to keep me amused and no more outlay on subs or games ‘till late next year. Of course, it cost me nearly 200 quid cash, after trade-ins, to swap so maybe the saving isn’t so much - depends how many of the games on Gamepass you can get through.

5. DAZ UK 74

DAZ UK 74
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,804
    The "extra" power is barely noticeable unless you rely on technical statistics rather than your own eyes.

Gamepass is far superior to PS Now in my opinion, not only in price but in the games offered.

The Pro has the best exclusive games by a country mile and this continues into 2020.

The X has a built in 4K player.

The Pro has VR.

I own both consoles but if I had to choose only one it would be the Pro hands down.

6. Doctor Smith

Doctor Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    If the power is hardly noticeable I think I will stick with the Pro.
    Just looked at games avaliable on Gamepass only about 10 games I would be interested in and most are avaliable on Pro.
    Thanks

7. gunner84

gunner84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,067
    I have both, but my ps4 pro is boxed up as I don't get time to play on both and have subs for both.

A few things I prefer about the Xbox X, prefer the pad, the fans don't ramp up like on my ps4 pro, xbox game pass is brilliant value for money. That alone has saved me buying games as I can quite easily keep occupied with the constant release of games on that.

Ps4 pro has some great game exclusives, has a much smoother and neat user interface.

Both have positives and negatives.

When it comes to seeing a graphical difference between the two I don't think you're going to see any difference.

But seen as you're interested in game pass, check out the games catalogue, see what you think.

8. cunnas

cunnas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +498
    I probably can't give you the answer you are want as I have only ever owned an Xbox but what has suprised me on here is the lure of the game pass. I'm a heavy Xbox user but the game pass has never even entered my radar - I know about it of course but never been temped to get it. My loss of course but it has suprised me that it is such a lure to the console.

For me, the main thing with the Xbox is the UHD player. There have been times when I have been temped to switch to a PS4 Pro, mainly for the exclusive games but as I use the UHD player, the cost of switching and factoring in having to buy a standalone UHD player means it is not financially viable.

I've always preferred the PS dashboard when I have seen it demo'd and I did like the official wireless headset for PS when I tried that at a mates.

I think for me, if the PS4 Pro had a UHD player I would switch, not down to anything bring wrong with the Xbox, far from it, I love mine, but I always fancy a change from time to time!