PS4 Pro, ( #fortheproplayers)

I have always used Low & Limited on my PS4 for my Samsung JS9000 due to hours of researching "what are the recommended settings for black levels on PS4". I am wondering if I should change this to Full now that I have the PS4 Pro?
Well for games with hdr it makes no difference as they use a different colour space. but thats fair enough if thats what you want to use, but i found especially when playing in very dark scenes on tomb raider definitive edition and TLOU decently that if the rgb wasnt set to full on both my tv and ps4 i lost so much detail i could barely see what was going on.

If your tv can support the full rgb space this will void dark colours that are marked at say rgb16 appearing pitch black, and actually enabling them to appear as the grey or dark blue etc.. they are intended to be. Revealing details that are otherwise lost by anything 2-16 being displayed as pure black. The same counts for the high whites, just to a lesser degree.

You may overall see a touch less of a punchy picture and/or may think it a touch washed out, which is unfortunate after you've teased yourself with darker limited rgb, but it is definitely worth the trade off to actually see all the detail indended imo.

silly question time if someone can help:)
I have moved my PSN UK and PSN US games over to the new PS PRO and made it my primary box for my UK account. Sadly though - I can't access my US games as they are all locked. Anyone know how to fix it? Ta.

silly question time if someone can help:)
I have moved my PSN UK and PSN US games over to the new PS PRO and made it my primary box for my UK account. Sadly though - I can't access my US games as they are all locked. Anyone know how to fix it? Ta.

Have you set your US account as primary like you did for your UK account? If not, you will need to make another user and log in with the US account that you had on your old PS4 and set that account to primary also.

I have always used Low & Limited on my PS4 for my Samsung JS9000 due to hours of researching "what are the recommended settings for black levels on PS4". I am wondering if I should change this to Full now that I have the PS4 Pro?

As long as you have correctly set your black level and contrast based on the source then it shouldn't make a difference. If you are using an av receiver or something similar where you have multiple sources going into one HDMI input on the TV then you should definitely stick with limited as all other sources will be limited.

Well for games with hdr it makes no difference as they use a different colour space. but thats fair enough if thats what you want to use, but i found especially when playing in very dark scenes on tomb raider definitive edition and TLOU decently that if the rgb wasnt set to full on both my tv and ps4 i lost so much detail i could barely see what was going on.

If your tv can support the full rgb space this will void dark colours that are marked at say rgb16 appearing pitch black, and actually enabling them to appear as the grey or dark blue etc.. they are intended to be. Revealing details that are otherwise lost by anything 2-16 being displayed as pure black. The same counts for the high whites, just to a lesser degree.

You may overall see a touch less of a punchy picture and/or may think it a touch washed out, which is unfortunate after you've teased yourself with darker limited rgb, but it is definitely worth the trade off to actually see all the detail indended imo.
This is confusing the hell out of me I can tell you. On my e6 oled setting rgb range to automatic on the ps4 pro is clearly using the full setting because if I change it from automatic to full in the video output settings nothing happens but if I change it from automatic to limited the screen goes blank and comes back on so that suggests it's actually changing the setting when I do that. If I play a non hdr game though (eg Rise Of The Tomb Raider) with rgb range on automatic then it looks to me like it's set to limited because I need black level set to low on the tv to avoid black crush. It's soooo confusing.

View attachment 784656 @narmi47 I have purchased these for the Pro: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IJ2J2K0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#Ask

My Pro is in my AV cabinet and I was thinking of placing these fans on top of the Pro, near the centre so it blows out the hot air from the cabinet. Do you think that will be alright? My Pro fans are loud and there is lot of hot air coming from the back.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?
I'm not sure about putting the fans on top of the ps4 Pro, I'd recommend having them exhaust outwards, the install on the one I have was simple.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I'm not sure about putting the fans on top of the ps4 Pro, I'd recommend having them exhaust outwards, the install on the one I have was simple.

I was thinking maybe if they was on top of the PS4, near the back but facing the front, that way it would suck up the hot air that comes out of the back of the PS4 and blow it to the front. That way the hot air does not sit around in my AV unit.

More Digital foundry, this time Battlefield 1.

Looks very good I have to say:smashin:, when you need a high end graphics card via the PC route to do this, then that’s amazing. I know that a PC can look even better, but only slightly. I admit, I have being thinking of selling my GTX 1080 because of the PRO, so I think that says it all. Need to get playing a game tomorrow and see:D.

Just taking us back to the Amazon thing, mine was actually "in a delivery van" on Thurs, never turned up (despite a game ordered the night before coming from the same depot turning up) because apparently the driver couldn't get to me in time (in Islington).

And it was promised the next day (kept chatting to check) but never turned up. Eventually called and was told the 15th was the earliest, so just cancelled and picked one up from Argos. Will never pre-order from Amazon again. Woeful service.

But at least BF1 looks AMAZING on it.

Have no idea what amazon are doing as I received an email a few hours later saying I have now been issued a refund!!

Think I will go purchase elsewhere.

I was thinking maybe if they was on top of the PS4, near the back but facing the front, that way it would suck up the hot air that comes out of the back of the PS4 and blow it to the front. That way the hot air does not sit around in my AV unit.
That would be an idea, for the price its a no brainier.

BF1 does look amazing but I still can't tell any difference to the old PS4 but I'm sure it's there.

It's a lot less noticeable than say watching a 4K TV show as there is so much going on. Still it all looks great though.

Well mine has gone AWOL, ordered from Amazon, was meant to arrive on Thursday, then Friday, and now today (granted it still could).

Ridiculous.

Anyone had similar issues with Amazon?

I had exactly the same thing (prime member). Cancelled my order on Friday and bought one from a shop instead.

What the hell game are offering £175 trade in on old PS4 + 5 games, well if I tell them to price match with cex the trade in price will be closer to £200, now surely they have to honour that price?

I had a quick blast on Mafia and Infamous first light, nothing to compare to but both looked stunning. I've had the dishonored patch downloading overnight so I'll give that a go shortly.

I had exactly the same thing (prime member). Cancelled my order on Friday and bought one from a shop instead.

And me. Prime member too. Have to admit, I feel somewhat better knowing that other people had the same terrible experience. If you know what I mean...

Anyone know if Netflix will be updated for HDR soon?

I'm also wondering this.....gotta be soon surely.......

Also, Fifa 17 hasnt had the HDR update yet as it doesn't mention anything or show any different options as it does with Uncharted, despite supposedly being pro enhanced on launch?

I'm also wondering this.....gotta be soon surely.......

Also, Fifa 17 hasnt had the HDR update yet as it doesn't mention anything or show any different options as it does with Uncharted, despite supposedly being pro enhanced on launch?
It is pro enhanced on launch, that doesn't guarentee hdr support though. may get a separate patch for that, who knows.

Also it is odd theres no launch netflix hdr app, not that it exactly matters though. i cant imagine any hdr tvs wouldn't have a built in hdr netflix app anyway.

It is pro enhanced on launch, that doesn't guarentee hdr support though. may get a separate patch for that, who knows.

Also it is odd theres no launch netflix hdr app, not that it exactly matters though. i cant imagine any hdr tvs wouldn't have a built in hdr netflix app anyway.

My Sony XD94 has built in Netflix HDR app..

But I can't get ARC working so it's crap sound through my tv....so ideally want the PS4 Pro to support it so I can have the audio through my KEFs...

Exactly. As does my dx902, ub900 and nvidia shield lol so i could never imagine a situation where I'd need to use a 4th netflix hdr app on the same tv :rotfl:

Quite a few 2016 TVs have the Netflix HDR app . Even my 2015 JS should ( hopefully ) have an upgrade in December......ish :D.

EDIT, Doh

My Sony XD94 has built in Netflix HDR app..

But I can't get ARC working so it's crap sound through my tv....so ideally want the PS4 Pro to support it so I can have the audio through my KEFs...
Ah right, an arc issue. fair enough. i have occasional lag bitstream arc issues with apps on my set too. a soft reset normally solves it though. the shield tv does take over in rare instances.

Id not be a fan of running my ps4 through an amp though (unless youre just using optical out. I cant do that all my amp opticals are used), i like deadicated game settings on one output. this is why i unfortunately have to settle for ps4 pcm ovet arc as the bitstream issue really does fudge up with other hdmi inputs.

Has anyone tried a blu ray disc in their pro, tried a few earlier and it just kept coming up with make sure your playstation is connected to the Internet, checked my settings and it was connected to the Internet, yet it wouldn't load a disc

Has anyone tried a blu ray disc in their pro, tried a few earlier and it just kept coming up with make sure your playstation is connected to the Internet, checked my settings and it was connected to the Internet, yet it wouldn't load a disc
Yeah mine said not connected to the internet for bluray live features too. still played fine though. good 4k upscaler too imo. offers full 2160p @ 24hz ycbcr 4.4.4 upsampling. unsure whether that was at 8bit or 10bit colour though as i wasnt running it through my amp to check.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom