Ps4 old hdd help

ThuGLy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've swapped out the hdd and i want to use the old was as an external drive. I can see it in disk manager(cant assign letter or format) but wont show in my computer. Any one managed to do this? I've done a search on here but couldn't find a thread apologise if there is one and apologise if this is in the wrong place.

Anyone? I'm sure there's not an old grave yard for the hdd, s taken out of ps4s :-( .
Have I posted in the wrong thread?

how are you connecting this to the pc , inside a "caddy" ?
and it still wont show up ?

if not
i think it will need to by connected with a sata cable ,have you got room in the pc ( hopefully ) with a spare sata cable inside ( black cable with a small red connector on the end )
and then follow the same instructions as the vid

screen.jpg
Yes with a caddy. Unfortunately I think the architecture of the ps4 hdd is different to the ps3 and any other disk I've seen. It does show in disk management on windows 7 but I can't do anything with it (namely assign a letter so I can work with it). Also it seems to have numerous partions 15-20. Trouble is when I Google it all I get is ps4 hdd upgrade stuff.

Last edited:
can mods mark as closed unless this will be helpful to anyone else?
I highlighted each partition and pressed the x top left i was then able to change the volume to simple then assign letter and format.screen 1.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom