Ps4 loud fan noise

RSRAVI

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Any one else with this issue its winding me up now it's constantly hear the fan spinning in full speed any cures

I feel your pain. It's the only downside of the machine. Certain games seem to make the fans work much harder yet the same games on my XB1? Silent.

They should have gone the same route as the XB1. Bigger case to house a bigger fan and maybe an external brick too. The temps are supposedly similar on both (no idea how given the size of the PS4 and taking into account the PSU is internal) but the noise certainly isn't.

I feel your pain. It's the only downside of the machine. Certain games seem to make the fans work much harder yet the same games on my XB1? Silent.

They should have gone the same route as the XB1. Bigger case to house a bigger fan and maybe an external brick too. The temps are supposedly similar on both (no idea how given the size of the PS4 and taking into account the PSU is internal) but the noise certainly isn't.

It's on all my games now ... Can't Sony has not sorted this out yet
Yep Xbox one is silent no issues on that shame ps4 has not sorted cooling out

I don't think they could do anything about it now unless they brought out a new model. No doubt if they do that they'll go even slimmer and it'll probably be even louder!

My only gripes with the PS4 are the noise and the awful battery life on the DS4. Other than that, I'd personally choose it over the XB1 every time (though that might change with backwards compatibility).

I don't think they could do anything about it now unless they brought out a new model. No doubt if they do that they'll go even slimmer and it'll probably be even louder!

My only gripes with the PS4 are the noise and the awful battery life on the DS4. Other than that, I'd personally choose it over the XB1 every time.

Year true control is not too bad for me on battery life can live with that just fan noise I have Xbox one but some games are only on ps4 hence have to have it shame really

Yeah likewise, I had a 3m charging cable so I had no issues charging the DS4 whilst I was playing it.

I had a PS2 which had the same problem. I discarded it, and upgraded to PS3, since the games are much better now.

Do you both have your consoles horizontal or vertical?

I keep mine vertical & the fan noise doesn't really bother me. Maybe test putting yours vertical as there are quite a few vents on the bottom which would obviously work better if standing upright. Might make a difference.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom