PS4 internal hard drive to PS5?

sajem70

Novice Member
So I have a PS4 and right in the middle of playing AC Odyssey, it stopped working. I’ve tried everything but seems the only option I have is to reinstall which will wipe everything. I don’t have PS plus either, so no game saves. I can’t even move anything to external hd since I can’t get to menu. Can I use my SATA to connect internal hd to my PS5 to retrieve saved game? Or use SATA to save to laptop then to external hd? I’d really hate to start the game over from the beginning. Just hit level 54. Any suggestions or am I sol?

Cloysterpeteuk

Distinguished Member
I think you will struggle to find a way to get the save out of there if you haven’t been using cloud saves. I also started Odyssey again recently, I had 300 hours on Xbox version but I wanted to play it at a proper frame rate on PC so bought it again, back up to level 60 now.

sajem70

Novice Member
That’s not what I wanted to hear but I appreciate you answering. I guess there’s worse thing than having to replay an awesome game. Thank you!

hippo99

Distinguished Member
That’s not what I wanted to hear but I appreciate you answering. I guess there’s worse thing than having to replay an awesome game. Thank you!
Think the lesson going forward is, if you don’t have cloud saves then to intermittently back up saves to USB stick :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom