• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question PS4 Headset/Mic combo

ronnieburns

Hi all.

Got a question for you audio guys out there.

I have a turtle beach elite 800 wireless headset and also tried the astro A50 wirless and both are to be returned because of annoying hissing or buzzing all the time.

Been looking at a set of sennheiser RS175's which I am hoping will be hiss free but they obviously have no microphone. They connect to the PS4 only through the optical port so no usb is involved.

My question is can I connect a mic to the controller and use it as normal and still hear chat and game audio through the sennheisers'? I have heard before that as soon as anything is connected to the controller then it automatically uses the controller for outputting all chat audio meaning I wouldn't hear anyone talking through the sennheisers'. Is that true? If so could I use a 3.5mm to usb adapter and connect a mic to that and fool the ps4 into thinking it has a usb mic connected?

So basically I want to have a wireless headset connected through the ps4's optical out and a seperate mic. can this be done and still let me hear chat audio through the headset?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom