PS4 has already outsold the Wii U - news discussion

Doesnt surprise me, Wii U was awful, no idea why i bought one.

It was like something out of Early Learning Centre... Sadly i still have no interest in playing Mario 29 and Mario Kart 31.

Whilst WiiU has had a rocky start the UK is traditionally one of it's worst territories for consoles. Neither NES or SNES did particularly well in the UK. Factor out the fluke that was the Wii fad and Nintendo has only a very small hardcore gamer base in the UK outside of handhelds.

Whilst WiiU has had a rocky start the UK is traditionally one of it's worst territories for consoles. Neither NES or SNES did particularly well in the UK. Factor out the fluke that was the Wii fad and Nintendo has only a very small hardcore gamer base in the UK outside of handhelds.

Yeah I agree, but this is not a trend only in the UK, the WiiU has pretty much disappointed everywhere. Personally I like the WiiU but its release has been a disaster.

Yeah I agree, but this is not a trend only in the UK, the WiiU has pretty much disappointed everywhere. Personally I like the WiiU but its release has been a disaster.

It has indeed. Not played on mine much at all in its first year. I've liked a few games and Mario 3D is goty material but besides that not a lot to shout about.

It has indeed. Not played on mine much at all in its first year. I've liked a few games and Mario 3D is goty material but besides that not a lot to shout about.

My son loves playing Lego City and it is fun, but, man that resolution sucks. I'm not sure what it runs at but it looks terrible.

My son loves playing Lego City and it is fun, but, man that resolution sucks. I'm not sure what it runs at but it looks terrible.

Lego City was fun, yes it doesnt look great but its a pretty funny game. I didnt mind Zombi U and Rayman Legends was great, besides that i've enjoyed a few of the indie games like Giana Sisters, Bit trip runner and Cloudberry kingdom (which are also multi plats)

Lego City was fun, yes it doesnt look great but its a pretty funny game. I didnt mind Zombi U and Rayman Legends was great, besides that i've enjoyed a few of the indie games like Giana Sisters, Bit trip runner and Cloudberry kingdom (which are also multi plats)

Yeah, Rayman and Sonic Racing Transformed for me have been pretty good. Wonderful 101 was disappointing though.

Nintendo are in a bad place with the Wii U at the moment and it's only going to get worse for them. There were many people predicting the poor sales of the Wii U were indicative of the home console market and that the XB1 & PS4 wouldn't sell as well as last gen. oops, they might have got that one a bit wrong.

It's just a shame a title like Super Mario 3D has failed at retail, Nintendo thought they could play with the big boys by releasing this on the same day as the PS4 but it has backfired on them and they look a bit ridiculous with their Mascot languishing in the sales charts behind the terrible PS4 titles.

In an alternate reality where Nintendo swallowed their pride and became a 3rd party developer everyone could enjoy the likes of SM3DW on XB1/PS4 and not just a tiny minority of games players, software titles like these shouldn't be niche games.

Wii-U sales will pick up. Now that the true next gen consoles are out. I know I held off buying one cuz I was saving up for the PS4. But now I will pick one up in the summer for the kids with a wealth of good games out.

I'm not the only one who is in this same boat. They've built up their library pretty substantially lately and we'll see more and more sales this next year imo.

Nintendo are in a bad place with the Wii U at the moment and it's only going to get worse for them. There were many people predicting the poor sales of the Wii U were indicative of the home console market and that the XB1 & PS4 wouldn't sell as well as last gen. oops, they might have got that one a bit wrong.

It's just a shame a title like Super Mario 3D has failed at retail, Nintendo thought they could play with the big boys by releasing this on the same day as the PS4 but it has backfired on them and they look a bit ridiculous with their Mascot languishing in the sales charts behind the terrible PS4 titles.

In an alternate reality where Nintendo swallowed their pride and became a 3rd party developer everyone could enjoy the likes of SM3DW on XB1/PS4 and not just a tiny minority of games players, software titles like these shouldn't be niche games.

They dominate the handheld market though so I don't think they will bow out just like that. Maybe if the next console tanks then maybe but I can't see them becoming 3rd party. Not anytime soon anyway.

It is a shame about Mario 3D. Its an amazing game and is better then any of the games I have on my xbox one in terms of pure fun.

I don't blame them for releasing it when they did. They traditionally always release a big title to compete with something but its backfired on them. They obviously wanted to target Xmas as well.

Sales may improve next year though. A price drop to £150 with Mario and then once Mario kart hits a lot of people may consider one as a companion to the ps4 or xb1.

Wii-U sales will pick up. Now that the true next gen consoles are out. I know I held off buying one cuz I was saving up for the PS4. But now I will pick one up in the summer for the kids with a wealth of good games out.

I'm not the only one who is in this same boat. They've built up their library pretty substantially lately and we'll see more and more sales this next year imo.

Don't agree Det, people have been saying this all year and sales don't pick up. Throughout the year many people on the Wii U forums say something like: 'Wait until "Insert Next Nintendo Exclusive Here" is out and the Wi U will sell millions' It just doesn't happen and retail have all but given up on it. In my local Game one side is XB1 green and the other is PS4 blue, I don't even know where the Wii U section is anymore.

I've got a Wii U and enjoy the Nintendo exclusives but they should be made available to more people not just the hardcore who invest in the diminishing Wii U market.

They dominate the handheld market though so I don't think they will bow out just like that. Maybe if the next console tanks then maybe but I can't see them becoming 3rd party. Not anytime soon anyway.

It is a shame about Mario 3D. Its an amazing game and is better then any of the games I have on my xbox one in terms of pure fun.

I don't blame them for releasing it when they did. They traditionally always release a big title to compete with something but its backfired on them. They obviously wanted to target Xmas as well.

Sales may improve next year though. A price drop to £150 with Mario and then once Mario kart hits a lot of people may consider one as a companion to the ps4 or xb1.

Adam, you hit the nail on the head with the £150 price point. They have to do it and the part about them going 3rd party was hypothetical I know they never will:D

Adam, you hit the nail on the head with the £150 price point. They have to do it and the part about them going 3rd party was hypothetical I know they never will:D

I'd be all up for them going 3rd party if the quality of some of their 1st party games didn't drop which I fear it would.

Just going to totally miss the Wii-U out. The Wii was even more a waste of money than my 360. Think the only game i put some real time into was Mario 64.

Bought other stuff but just didnt play it. Seeing as the Wii-U is now a generation behind the 2 new systems i'm just not going to bother. Won't have the time or the money to even attempt to bother with it.

Just going to totally miss the Wii-U out. The Wii was even more a waste of money than my 360. Think the only game i put some real time into was Mario 64.

Bought other stuff but just didnt play it. Seeing as the Wii-U is now a generation behind the 2 new systems i'm just not going to bother. Won't have the time or the money to even attempt to bother with it.

You'll have the half a dozen members from the Wii U forums after you for saying the Wii U is a Generation behind the other two:D

You'll have the half a dozen members from the Wii U forums after you for saying the Wii U is a Generation behind the other two:D
LOL it is though, well its similar if not slightly more powerful than the PS360. Got one of each of those in the bedroom now. Dont fancy a third dust magnet. :rotfl:

Wii U is a proper console for me - with proper console games. PS4 and XBox One are just chopped down average PCs now. Games that would all be better if they were on a PC, and that are essentially crippled in being the best that they can by the hardware limitations they have from day one already.

I just wish Nintendo would get a few more games out on it now. That's where they excel.

I am going to call it now and you can all hold me to this.... The Wii U will be Nintendos last home console. They'll concentrate on the handheld market. Maybe even as far to license their games out too within 5 years

I hope it's not their last console. It's great for kids

Why is it great for kids?

Nintendo consoles are great for everyone.

They make first class titles in any genres.
Yes but it's not for every adult.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom