Quantcast

PS4 Games Download Size

I managed to get a PS4 Pro on Black Friday with FIFA 20 bundled in.

On the back of the cover of the game, it says up to 50gb space is required, but When I installled the game, only 8gb was installed.

Am I missing something or is the rest of the gigabytes for future updates and patches for the game?

Is this normal for every PS4 game?

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
The bulk of the game gets downloaded even when you buy the game on disc these days. In some cases the only thing on the disc is the games licence.

Some games will say 50gb of space required and after updates and future DLC end up being over 100gb.

King Tones

Distinguished Member

On the back of the cover of the game, it says up to 50gb space is required, but When I installled the game, only 8gb was installed.

Am I missing something or is the rest of the gigabytes for future updates and patches for the game?

I doubt it was finished installing as the install size is at least 40gb for Fifa 20 be it PS4 or Xbox One

Most AAA Games will be easily 40 > 100+GB in Size with Patches and DLC

whatever game file size is stated don't believe it, they're merely playing think of a number - you get it everytime you download something from the PSN store... :confused:

hippo99

Distinguished Member

The 8gb is probably only the 'Data to start application' ie the minimum needed in order to start playing. The rest of the 50gb will be installed as you play until it is all installed.