PS4 Firmware Update 1.61

Baffles me there's still no 3D Blu-ray support

Also is this headset now supported on PS4?

sony-ps4-bluetooth-usb-headset-support.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can confirm this doesn't fix the share button.

In fact it's even worse.

Played my PS4 today. Just after dinner. Turned off etc. came back on about 9pm and had a good thing that I wanted to record. Pressed share.

Have finished my gaming session and went back to trim the footage.... It's actually footage from the first time I played today. Before I'd even turned off and on my ps4.

---

Just before I turned off I had a good round of S&D I wanted to share. As the next round started I push share. After the match I go to review the footage and sure it's saved a clip from that match.... Footage cuts off before the round I even wanted has started.

I mean ...... I'm not being funny but wtf is difficult about righting some code that records a rolling 15 mins of footage. Seriously like.

Phone MS and ask someone who knows what they're doing how it works. It's bewildering. Over 3 months soon.

Can confirm this doesn't fix the share button.

In fact it's even worse.

Played my PS4 today. Just after dinner. Turned off etc. came back on about 9pm and had a good thing that I wanted to record. Pressed share.

Have finished my gaming session and went back to trim the footage.... It's actually footage from the first time I played today. Before I'd even turned off and on my ps4.

---

Just before I turned off I had a good round of S&D I wanted to share. As the next round started I push share. After the match I go to review the footage and sure it's saved a clip from that match.... Footage cuts off before the round I even wanted has started.

I mean ...... I'm not being funny but wtf is difficult about righting some code that records a rolling 15 mins of footage. Seriously like.

Phone MS and ask someone who knows what they're doing how it works. It's bewildering. Over 3 months soon.
With how often you utilize the "share" feature I would suggest just using the double tap at the beginning of your session and then hitting share after something amazeballs happens so you are guaranteed to record it. Seems like the most plausible workaround and maybe a tad bit better than just moaning about the share feature every day. At least I think everyone else would be ecstatic if there was just "ONE DAY" that you didn't moan about something you think is broken :rotfl:

I'd say I use share pretty much every time I play PS4! That's not much haha. Makes it even more annoying that if doesn't work.

Wish they'd fix it rather than spending time getting 5 year old Bluetooth headsets to work haha

Maybe too busy figuring out how to lower the losses than useful firmware updates I guess :D

Baffles me there's still no 3D Blu-ray support

Also is this headset now supported on PS4?

sony-ps4-bluetooth-usb-headset-support.jpg

i really want them to add this , it cant be that hard for them to do so,
it has done me good for the past 6/7 years
was considering the new gold head set , but need new roof now so that's out of the question :(

i really want them to add this , it cant be that hard for them to do so,
it has done me good for the past 6/7 years
was considering the new gold head set , but need new roof now so that's out of the question :(
Its only 60 pounds ;)

Can't believe they haven't added a notification of your friends coming online

With the new 2000 friends list size, it could potentially get quite annoying. Should be an option though...

Preferably if you could have a setting of "dont display notifications except priority friends", and then manually checkbox whos a priority friend, and whos just random people from say a forum you frequent ;)

Yea and the roof is only 2000 pounds... det !
Funny I'll be in det after that .

That sounds so wrong :eek:
Priorities my main man! With the Golds you can crank it up and just pretend it's not raining inside your flat!

Win/Win imo! :rotfl:

Or maybe you can get a loan for 2060 and snag the golds while you're at it and pay 3 more a month on the loan!

Priorities my main man! With the Golds you can crank it up and just pretend it's not raining inside your flat!

Win/Win imo! :rotfl:

Or maybe you can get a loan for 2060 and snag the golds while you're at it and pay 3 more a month on the loan!
ha ha would love too ,
but it's all the money i have saved up for , "rainy day" as there say :D
but it's one of those things that cant be left ,and needs doing

Last edited:
Don't know what sony have done but after the 1.61 update
My ps4 is really slow
Some time unresponsive :(
It just don't seem as fast

Last edited:
They need to do away with the amount of clicks it takes to read a message. Swipe the touchscreen to go to messages. Pot elm solved

They need to do away with the amount of clicks it takes to read a message. Swipe the touchscreen to go to messages. Pot elm solved
I get nightmares on elm street tho.

Don't know what sony have done but after the 1.61 update
My ps4 is really slow
Some time unresponsive :(
It just don't seem as fast

is there any announcement on this, my nephew is claiming the same thing with his ps4 being sluggish

is there any announcement on this, my nephew is claiming the same thing with his ps4 being sluggish
No announcement. We'll see a stability patch after a while.

Now that the patch has been out a while could maybe @Kieron unpin this so it falls down the thread progression. It's not needed anymore imo.

I think its good to have the latest firmware stickied at the top. Lets people know where we are up to and if people get the info can put it all in the first post (mind you no one ever goes back to the first post once theres more than a page).

I'm sure the next big (1.70) firmware will have some nice features.......perhaps.

Be good to see a video editing suite....the ability to remove videos from the PS4 via USB or record onto external devices.....dim the light bar perhaps....amongst other things.

I'd certainly welcome the ability to remove the videos and put them on my PC for editing. Although I also wish i could set the quality.

Might keep my eye out for a proper recording device in preparation for recording via HDMI...

I think its good to have the latest firmware stickied at the top. Lets people know where we are up to and if people get the info can put it all in the first post (mind you no one ever goes back to the first post once theres more than a page).

I'm sure the next big (1.70) firmware will have some nice features.......perhaps.

Be good to see a video editing suite....the ability to remove videos from the PS4 via USB or record onto external devices.....dim the light bar perhaps....amongst other things.

I'd certainly welcome the ability to remove the videos and put them on my PC for editing. Although I also wish i could set the quality.

Might keep my eye out for a proper recording device in preparation for recording via HDMI...

Waddyaknow Cha1ky? ;)

Haha, post up the 1.7 release notes then Chalky! And when it's coming so we can all take the day off in preparation. We'll call it Preparation H.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom