PS4 Controller not working after disassembly!!

Discussion in 'PS4 Hardware' started by MrRabc, Jun 22, 2015.

1. MrRabc

MrRabc
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The tip of the damn headphone jack broke off inside the port on the controller.
    So being the idiot I am I opened the controller in the hope that it would grant me better access to push or pull the remaining part out, needless to say that was a waste of time! So put controller back together again after only really taking the cover off. Now controller wont work at all.
    The light bar flashes once white when not plugged to the usb cable but when connected it flashes white then amber!
    Have tried the reset button but still wont work!
    A friend bought a mod kit for one of his controllers and after reassembly he had the same problem and hasn't yet solved it!
    Would just be happy now to have a working controller. Everything was put together correctly and all ribbons inserted the right way round and fully inserted!
    I really have no idea what it could be!

2. freddie5

freddie5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +274
    HOW TO FIX A PS4 CONTROLLER TOUCHPAD

Have a butchers at that, may be of use. Sounds like you may have dislodged the ribbon cable/s.

3. RedAl

RedAl
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,988
    I`ve got intermittent issues with my R2 trigger on one of my DS4`s and after doing a bit of googling found some of the silicon parts inside are probably worn so I`ve ordered a pack of replacements on google for a quid. Trouble is they`re coming from Asia so Haley`s Comet might arrive sooner. I`ve seen a video of someone disassembling a DS4 so as a PC Support engineer I`m confident I can replace the worn parts and reassemble. I`ll update you guys once done.