PS4 Controller issue With R2 Trigger

danmc_82

Distinguished Member
Mine has all of a sudden started to stick in. Looking at it closer it looks like the trigger had come away from the hinge.

Searched the web and seems to be a common problem.

I've emailed Sony to complain.

jambomakaveli

This happened to me yesterday, just out of the blue. Was gonna send it away, but done the old buy one from a store, swap then return!

This happened to me as well. They do just pop off, and you can sort it out yourself if you want an instant fix. No diss assembly required.

danmc_82

Distinguished Member
I ended up trashing the control anyway so bought a new one.

rousetafarian

This happened to me yesterday, just out of the blue. Was gonna send it away, but done the old buy one from a store, swap then return!

How grown-up of you! Why not just follow the correct returns procedure?

jambomakaveli

How grown-up of you! Why not just follow the correct returns procedure?

Yeh, I'll do that, I'll pay for postage myself, buy a box to post it In, go to all that hassle, and then go without my controller for probably a week or longer.

And all this because sony made a sub standard controller as proven by the amount of complaint threads everywhere.

Their service should be second to none in this case, perhaps posting out a replacement ASAP, rather than testing and me waiting a long period if time for another.

Argos will send the controller back to sony, it's just another way of doing it. Except in this case I'm not out of pocket because Sony couldn't create a controller that doesn't break after a few weeks of use.

Anyways, your little comment doesn't bother me at all, I have a new controller so I'm happy!

rousetafarian

Ok, now I understand and agree that the returns service as described is shoddy, and the very least they could do is an advanced exchange of the item.

rchads89

Banned
Yeh, I'll do that, I'll pay for postage myself, buy a box to post it In, go to all that hassle, and then go without my controller for probably a week or longer.

And all this because sony made a sub standard controller as proven by the amount of complaint threads everywhere.

Their service should be second to none in this case, perhaps posting out a replacement ASAP, rather than testing and me waiting a long period if time for another.

Argos will send the controller back to sony, it's just another way of doing it. Except in this case I'm not out of pocket because Sony couldn't create a controller that doesn't break after a few weeks of use.

Anyways, your little comment doesn't bother me at all, I have a new controller so I'm happy!

I did the same thing with Asda.

jambomakaveli

I did the same thing with Asda.

It's crazy not to!

Why the hell should we go to the trouble, time, and expense,

All because sony tried to cut a few corners.

I understand its wrong, I do, but it's a means to an end. Argos/asda or wherever will send it back and be properly reimbursed.

And they can afford to wait for that reimbursement, I can't, and won't, and didnt!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom