PS4 - Connection to TV

andy888

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello

This might be a silly question but if I have only one HDMI output from the TV and that's already being used connected to the DVD players, how do i connect the PS4 as well.

Also, does the one come with the PS4 good enough or buy another better HDMI cable?

This will be my first PS consolde ever, so need a bit of advice.

Thanks
Andy

Hello

This might be a silly question but if I have only one HDMI output from the TV and that's already being used connected to the DVD players, how do i connect the PS4 as well.

Also, does the one come with the PS4 good enough or buy another better HDMI cable?

This will be my first PS consolde ever, so need a bit of advice.

Thanks
Andy

I would assume it comes with a HDMI cable and that if you`ve got more HDMI devices than ports on the TV you`d need some form of HDMI switchbox. I`ve got no real experience of these though so dont know if there are automatic ones out there or jusut manual ones where you switch/toggle between devices. Hopefully someone out there can confirm.

Edit: is this any good to you?

http://uk.cellphoneshop.net/5switch.html?cagpspn=pla&gclid=CP34-4yuoLoCFWTHtAodvHYAHg

I would assume it comes with a HDMI cable and that if you`ve got more HDMI devices than ports on the TV you`d need some form of HDMI switchbox. I`ve got no real experience of these though so dont know if there are automatic ones out there or jusut manual ones where you switch/toggle between devices. Hopefully someone out there can confirm.

Edit: is this any good to you?

5-Port HDMI Switch With Remote - HDMI Cables & Adapters

RedAl:

Thank you for the quick reply, helpful thanks.

can you not just use the PS4 as a DVD/Bluray player and remove the DVD player you got on there at the mo. if not like RedAl just said get an auto switching HDMI hub

can you not just use the PS4 as a DVD/Bluray player and remove the DVD player you got on there at the mo. if not like RedAl just said get an auto switching HDMI hub

Wicksy33: thanks, that's a good shout if I hadnt realise the DVD player is also the freeview box and where we record TV prog.

My bad, should have mentioned the DVD player is all in one.

Will look int the HDMI hub.

Thanks

Cant wait for a bit of PS and blue ray action in my own home. Will be first Blueray player too:thumbsup:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom