ps4 cloud thing or ps3

paul1979

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crappy question but some thoughts before i wast £

In a nut shell i have a ps4. I like it. The games are ok, especially if you like cod and bf etc you may really like. Most game I was wanting though just have not done it for me, Drive Club delayed, Second son mixed reviews, Kill Zone just done nothing, Knack (least said the better). Last gen still has some mint game i am yet to finish or play many greats

ps3.....
2 brothers
walking dead
batman AO
RDR
sc black list

I have a wii u though and can get splinter cell and batman ao on that. most of rdr has been finished and i can get walking dead on vita. alternative option is i can get another egg box... lets me keep active my m$ account and i can get all these games and some exclusives such as mark of the ninja, l4d etc.... the ms sub cost does not fuss me as it cheep enough.

In short i am more taken with last gen atm. I want for so long and now i am just thinking this is poop as a whole. lol

In short would you re buy to play? just buy get these on wii u? or pray for the cloud to bring all!

Last edited:
You lost me after nut mate but if the PS4 is only good for COD and B4 I'd better sell mine as I've put in at least four hours on both But still have games to play and a backlog.

You lost me after nut mate but if the PS4 is only good for COD and B4 I'd better sell mine as I've put in at least four hours on both But still have games to play and a backlog.

Don't think i said all ps4 is good for is cod and bf..... in fact now i look i know i did not. i said it was good for them games with increased player base and social function (at the min especially with not load of real great games out). It not about not having games either which it does.... i just think atm, most people my be would agree the best games are still on last gen....

It's early days, the games library will increase as time bones by and thee will defiantly be more than jus AAA modern mil arty shooters in the future.

E3 is a short time away and you should get a better idea about the roadmap for the next year of games on the PS4 (also PAX East is on at the moment and that should be a good venue to announce indie games), I'd say if by then there aren't any announced games on the horizon you want then it might be worth questioning having the PS4 (in the short term).

If you are into Batman then the next Batman game due out this year by Rocksteady might interest you (it's also current gen and PC only so no 360 or PS3 port). Plus there are games like the new Assassin's Creed game to come out too.

If the previous generation games are more interesting to you, maybe you could pick up a 2nd hand console (I'd imagine the classifieds here would have a few for sale) or get some of the games on PC (if you have a capable PC).

It's early days, the games library will increase as time bones by and thee will defiantly be more than jus AAA modern mil arty shooters in the future.

E3 is a short time away and you should get a better idea about the roadmap for the next year of games on the PS4 (also PAX East is on at the moment and that should be a good venue to announce indie games), I'd say if by then there aren't any announced games on the horizon you want then it might be worth questioning having the PS4 (in the short term).

If you are into Batman then the next Batman game due out this year by Rocksteady might interest you (it's also current gen and PC only so no 360 or PS3 port). Plus there are games like the new Assassin's Creed game to come out too.

If the previous generation games are more interesting to you, maybe you could pick up a 2nd hand console (I'd imagine the classifieds here would have a few for sale) or get some of the games on PC (if you have a capable PC).

No I would defo keep the ps4 and know it will get so much better with uc and drive club and the like. It not about that. My question was more as I know little about the cloud ps now? Is it worth investing in old gen or do we know much about this and what will be out ie sony only stuff or not

No I would defo keep the ps4 and know it will get so much better with uc and drive club and the like. It not about that. My question was more as I know little about the cloud ps now? Is it worth investing in old gen or do we know much about this and what will be out ie sony only stuff or not

Oh sorry about that, totally misunderstood the question (thought you were not fully satisfied with your PS4 purchase and were looking at going back to the previous generation of hardware). Nothing really major has been announced about PlayStation Now and it's somewhat a big unknown.

The price of the games, the games library, the latency, the video compression and exact date are all unknown. We known the technology works to an extent (I've also tried services like OnLive and it works but would often hitch up). For me personally it's too early to plan buying decisions around the service.

I think with E3 right around the corner we may hear more about the service then.

PS Now won't be out there for a while. It's coming out here this year, but definitely not out there until next.

So if you want to play last gen games now, buy a last gen system.

@paul1979 - I have a PS4, but also still have 3 360s and 2 PS3s. I have not really used the 360 at all as I used that mainly for FIFA and have that on PS4 now, though one of my boys is on his 360 a lot.

I am, however, playing the PS3 loads. I was a bit fed up as the PS4 titles I want (a little like you) are not here yet, though I am happy with the machine as a console. So, went back to my PS3 and haven't put it down since.

Been playing TLOU again, now got the DLC for that. Got Dark Souls II which is immense (I wish they had done a PS4 version!) and have now just ordered Demon Souls in the Easter Sale - which has incredible deals on atm. So I have 100s of hours of PS3 time now to tide me over until Drive Club, Destiny and The Division.

So my advice is this:

Get a 2nd hand PS3 (not too old) and a decent sized HDD and check out the Easter sale. :)

There is room for more than one console in a man's life!

There is room for more than one console in a man's life!
What is this "room for more than one console" you speak of?

I have an XB1, PS4, PS3 all hooked up to my TV in our main family area and then an X360 in the kids room.

Ah, I have done it a bit differently to that....I have spread them all over the place so I have somewhere to hide away while the kids and missus hogs the TVs!

Ah, I have done it a bit differently to that....I have spread them all over the place so I have somewhere to hide away while the kids and missus hogs the TVs!
See "Remote Play" actually works in my house so it's all good... plus I have FFX to play on ma veets which will give me 100 hours of entertainment I bet.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom