• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS4 Chat cable ? Ms adapter

Detto

I have xp500's from my 360 that came with a Bluetooth puck and no chat cable.I have the Ms adapter for the Xbox One but I still need to get a chat cable in order to use my xp500's for chat and was wondering if the Ps4 chat cable works as its cheaper than a 360 talkback cable and looking at it would mean I could plug it straight into the adapter . Any body tried this ?

PS4 Chat Cable - Turtle Beach, Inc.

Last edited:

gazred35

Distinguished Member
The first lead I bought did not work as it was just a stereo chat lead which caused echo and wouldn't allow me to alter the game or chat volume. The one you have ordered is the same as the one I got the other day and it also means you don't have to use the 2.5 to 3.5mm adaptor.

Detto

The first lead I bought did not work as it was just a stereo chat lead which caused echo and wouldn't allow me to alter the game or chat volume. The one you have ordered is the same as the one I got the other day and it also means you don't have to use the 2.5 to 3.5mm adaptor.

Yeah that's the plan , I needed to buy a chat cable so thought if I could avoid the flimsy adapter cable that comes with the Ms adapter it would be a bonus.

I am currently using my Samsung Galaxy S3 handsfree headphones and mic( whilst my xp500's gather dust ) and they work fine. stopped using the Kinect for chat as I was keeping the whole house up !

Really looking forward to using my xp500's again

Detto

Gazred35 already said he's using one and it's fine lol

No problem though, I'm expecting it tomorrow and I'll try it out and report back guys

Detto

£5 on turtle beach eBay store Inc postage :)

Detto

The PS4 cable is a 4 pole 3.5mm which plugs directly into the Ms adaptor and a 3 pole 2.5mm for plugging into Turtle beach headset. This cable just bypasses the little adapter cable that comes with the Ms adapter. What would be great would be this cable with only the mic wired up.

The SMF

Banned
ordered ps4 chat cable

tempted to find a way to eliminate the unwanted game audio completely, but at least with the ps4 cable its the 1st step in the right direction, wonder how long it will be before people are looking for replacement flimsy adapters that came provided with the chat adapter?

Detto

Tempted to find a way to eliminate the unwanted game audio completely, but at least with the ps4 cable its the 1st step in the right direction, wonder how long it will be before people are looking for replacement flimsy adapters that came provided with the chat adapter?

The MS adapter is such a pain setting the chat volume and getting the game sound from the pad off . Turtle Beach should sell a modded adapter for use with surround headsets that completely cuts the game sound from the pad and is used for just chat like the 360.
I find my xp500s mic is very sensitive . On my 360 I had the mic almost in my mouth and using the One its about 6 inches away

Detto

I've been wondering if the wireless headset interference everyone seems to be suffering from is caused by the Xbox One sending the wireless game sound to the controller. Maybe ms should put an option in the Os to choose whether to send game sound (or just voice) to the pad or not as required

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom