• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question PS4 and DTS:Neo/DolbyPL2

Hammerheart

Novice Member
Hi all. Noobie post as I've exhausted all my google searching.

I have a Marantz SR7007 (5.1 setup) with all my source devices connected via HDMI. Recently moved to Montreal from London so I've lost the Sky TV box as part of my setup so for UK TV im now using apps on my PS4.

This is how my system always used to work. Sky would send either a stereo or 5.1 signal to the amp and the amp would automatically play the 5.1 Dolby DD or I'd have it set to DTS:Neo Movie for when it received stereo for the receiver surround processing.

Ive found that I can't use DTS:neo with the PS4 because the PS4 is always telling the receiver that it is being sent 5.1 channels even when the source is clearly stereo ie Spotify app and Now TV/BBC iPlayer.

Is this a dumb PS4 hardware issue? Or am I missing something with regard to the PS4 audio settings as I can only find PCM and the 2 Bitstream options.

Should the PS4 output be set to PCM or Bitstream?

Any advice appreciated.

Smudger1

I think the PS4 should be set to Bitstream, so the Amp does the sound processing.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom