• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question PS4 2.0 Official headset conflicting with AVR

Benny2209

Hi, I've just bought the official PS4 headset and I'm having some issues with my receiver. I had a turtlebeach PX4 before this and had no issues as it required that i use "chat audio" for all the sound to come through the headset. With the ps4 headset i have to change the audio setting to "all audio" cutting the sound from my receiver and putting it all through the headset.

This is fine but the AVR will now turn off after every 15/20 minutes. I'm guessing this is because there is no sound running through it anymore but there is still picture going to my TV, so i thought this would be sufficient enough to keep it from turning off.

Apologies if this has been covered before but i couldn't find any further info online.

If it helps, i have a Pioneer VSX-824.

Thanks in advance

rb5201

I use mine with a denon and have no problem. Is there a power saving option on your receiver you can turn off/adjust?

Benny2209

I had a 30 minute timer on originally but I turned that off to see if it was the problem but it still kept happening. Then as soon as I turned the headaet off and put the sound back through the avr, it was fine. I just bought the headset yesterday evening and haven't had a chance to go through all the settings on the avr. Hopefully it's something simple like a power saving mode.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom