PS3MediaServer and stuttering

bmwrtmike

Standard Member
Reaction score
Before we get going on this I want to tell all of you thanks for the great forum, and say hi.
My name is Mike and have been struggling to get PS3MediaServer running on my PC without stuttering. I started with my main PC which is a 6000+ with 2 gigs of OCZ platinum memory and 500 gig HD with win 7 ultimate over a wired gigabit connection. The stuttering was there, and I couldn't figure it out. I dumped win 7 and tried WHS on the same machine and it was still present. I tried unRaid on the same machine and it was still present, but was unable to play flac with unraid, so I dumped it and went back to WHS and still had the same issues. I began to think about what might be causing this problem, and figured it must be a network problem. Pretty good huh? I have never messed around with my router much "WRT54G" other than forwarding ports and the like, but I had noticed a section in the router called QOS and that you could set priority for devices on the router. So I looked at it and it wanted the mac address for the device, so I got the mac address from the PS3 and plugged it in, then set it for highest priority. I saved the settings and restarted everything.
I have not stuttered at all since doing that.
I hope that this helps someone that may be having the same issues, and look forward to being part of this community.

Mike

Thanks for the Info. Maybe useful for someone else running Linksys hardware...

one thing though is you mention you are running wired gigabit; I thought the WRT54G only had 10/100 LAN ports not gigabit :confused:

Your right, I have it to supply the wifi and internet where as the GBE switch is for intranet. I go from cableco to modem to WRT54G uplink into the GBE switch.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom