• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 & Yamaha HTR 6260 & Zone 2 function

Frazzle Dazzle

Standard Member
Hi,

I have a Yamaha HTR 6260 receiver with an independent Zone 2 functionality and I'm wondering if there is any way I can configure it or the PS3 to connect to it?

FYI: my PS3 is connected to the 6260 through HDMI. The Zone 2 function seems to need it's own connection but the PS3 will only allow for one AV output (i.e., either AV cords or HDMI or optical but only one output at a time). I've tried connecting two at a time but one overrides the other.

Has anyone ever tried this or have any insight into it?

I'd like to be able play some audio off the PS3 through the Zone 2 through out my house; if I'm unable to get this working I'll have to g thet a Bluetooth dock for the 6260 and play the audio from my Dell Inspiron 1525 to the receiver.

Uridium

Distinguished Member
You need to enable similtaneous audio out in PS3 settings. This was a new feature added in firmware 3.0 a month or so back.

Also make sure your amp will work with a Digital connection for Zone2 output. Many amps (My Onkyo inc) only support analogue connections on Zone 2

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom