PS3 Won't Connect To Linksys WAG54GS

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Hi

I received my new PS3 yesterday but it won't connect wirelessly, works 100% when I use an ethernet cable. I have a Linksys WAG54GS wireless router with firmware version 1.01.03. I've tried setting it up manually and automatically but still nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Baz

ThuGLy

its probably a firewall issue try disabling it then try connecting your ps3 wireless. if it connects youl have to narrow down which bit of the firewalls stopping it connecting.:smashin:

anorax25

Hi

I received my new PS3 yesterday but it won't connect wirelessly, works 100% when I use an ethernet cable. I have a Linksys WAG54GS wireless router with firmware version 1.01.03. I've tried setting it up manually and automatically but still nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Baz

From what I remember of my PC days ( now on Mac ) you need to open Windows Media Player 11 and enable the "sharing" function too! Make sure your PS3 is turned on so that WMP11 can find it. As the other member said, you may need to access the router and change the firewall settings.

Sorry I can't be more specific about WMP11 but it's funny how soon one forgets.

Col.

Gadgetcity

Hi

Thanks

Baz

Often it is the wireless key being entered incorrectly. I suggest you double check that.

Adcook

Distinguished Member
Hi

Thanks

Baz

My suggestion would be to disable all wireless sercurity (just as a test) and try connecting, if you can then you know its a security issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom