PS3 wont accept/pull in disc

atcman

Standard Member
Hi there

I have an old fat 80gb PS3 bought at the end of 2008, its the CEHCK03 model with a KEM-410ACA drive.

A month ago I was playing black ops 2, left it on pause for about 15 minutes, the ps3 froze so I used the power button for a soft restart, the disk was stuck so I had to open the PS3 to get it out and reset the mechanism after which it wouldnt accept/pull in the disk automatically like it does normally and pressing the eject button would result in three beeps regardless of whether I have forced a disk half way through or completely into it.

Today I bought a brand new laser + mechanism + mechanism housing and it only needed the PCB to be swapped which I have done, all cables are connected up nice and tight.

The ps3 still wont accept/pull the disk in.
Forcing it in half way or completely in wont do anything.

I know the sensor on the drive which senses a disk is being inserted is working because once I put the PS3 to standby and try inserting the disk, within less than quarter of the disk inserted the PS3 turns itself on which means it knows something is going into the drive.

I have read some forums which suggested putting it upside down and giving it a pat, clean it push the disc in then plug it in, that didnt work.

Any idea whats wrong with my ps3 ?

Thanks.

sykotik

Distinguished Member

have a look at this , just make sure you have put it back together again correctly

some time the plastic bar on the left hand side ( then looking at it with disc drive insert at the bottom) doesn't line up correctly

atcman

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply mate, I have already done that. I think there might be something wrong with my logic board ??

akademik

Novice Member
Have you figured that out? Have exactly the same problem and can't fix it.

Hi there

I have an old fat 80gb PS3 bought at the end of 2008, its the CEHCK03 model with a KEM-410ACA drive.

A month ago I was playing black ops 2, left it on pause for about 15 minutes, the ps3 froze so I used the power button for a soft restart, the disk was stuck so I had to open the PS3 to get it out and reset the mechanism after which it wouldnt accept/pull in the disk automatically like it does normally and pressing the eject button would result in three beeps regardless of whether I have forced a disk half way through or completely into it.

Today I bought a brand new laser + mechanism + mechanism housing and it only needed the PCB to be swapped which I have done, all cables are connected up nice and tight.

The ps3 still wont accept/pull the disk in.
Forcing it in half way or completely in wont do anything.

I know the sensor on the drive which senses a disk is being inserted is working because once I put the PS3 to standby and try inserting the disk, within less than quarter of the disk inserted the PS3 turns itself on which means it knows something is going into the drive.

I have read some forums which suggested putting it upside down and giving it a pat, clean it push the disc in then plug it in, that didnt work.

Any idea whats wrong with my ps3 ?

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom