• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 with Netgear 2150 ReadyNas, Connection problem?

DJ GA

Hi

I have just bought a Netgear 2150 Ready Nas, connected to a Netgear Router.

The PS3 is also connected to Netgear Router.

However when I search for Media servers on PS3 it doesn't see the Netgear nas, it does see my Sonos wireless system.

I cannot find anywhere instructions on how to locate the Netgear Nas with the PS3, I have searched the PS3 menu but cannot see how you set this up?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

DJ GA

Maybe the Sonos and ReadyNAS are using the same TCP port for DLNA streaming?

Hi Thanks for reply, I have just found a setting on the Nas, the PS3 has found it now, but doesn't play all my music, unsupported message on some which is annoying, mp3 and mp4 formats should play?

Anyway I will keep trying.

Cheers

Uridium

Distinguished Member
Hi Thanks for reply, I have just found a setting on the Nas, the PS3 has found it now, but doesn't play all my music, unsupported message on some which is annoying, mp3 and mp4 formats should play?

Anyway I will keep trying.

Cheers

Problem is likely to be some incompatibility between the DLNA software on the NAS and the DLNA standard on the PS3. Unfortunately different manufacturers interpretation of the words 'DLNA Standard' often vary a little :rolleyes:.

Hence the popularity of NAS drives you can install 3rd party DLNA streaming apps such as Twonkymedia or PC streaming with PS3 Media Server.

However I'd check the bitrate of the MP3's you are having issues with. Some DLNA software doesn't like very high bitrate MP3

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom