• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 with Bluetooth Headset

neilrlsmith

Hi,

Is it possible to use a bluetooth headset and have ALL sound output through them (like plugging headphones in a stereo)? My headset is connected fine and I found further settings under Audio Device Settings, where I changed Output device to my registered bluetooth headset. Unfortunately sound still comes out my speakers.

Maybe I'm being dumb and these headsets are only for headset enabled games and voice chat.

And perhaps it's impossible as the sound comes via HDMI to the amp and therefore it's my amp that would need to be bluetooth!

sykotik

Distinguished Member
dont think you can ......
you will only to get game chat through the head set .
not the sound aswell......

andrew

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Turtle Beach make a series of headphones for the XBOX that have both game audio and voice chat come through. They don't yet have a set for the PS3 but there is another company (Sharkoon I think!) that might offer something.

SHATNERSTACTIC

Short answer, no, only voice chat over Bluetooth from the PS3 I'm afraid.

The PS3 lacks the A2DP capabilities to provide the in-game sounds too. This is a software problem so it is conceivable that Sony could enable this in the future. However, audio over A2DP is prone to lag due to the conversion process prior to transmission so whether it will be useful for Sony to do this is arguable.

There are some TVs (so I've heard) that you can pair a bluetooth headset to, some amps too not doubt but I guess you can't pair the headset to two devices at once, TV and PS3 so this is no good to you... Altenatively there are gaming headsets available, such as the expenisve Tritton AX Pro and the aforementioned Sharkoon, or a set of regular (wired/wireless) headphones in conjunction with the eye camera or a handsfree bluetooth headset (eg. the official one).

There's a lot of money out there for a company that can produce a PS3 reasonably priced headphones that encompasses voice chat and in game sounds with an optical connection. There's definitely a gap in the market and the demand is there.

Last edited:

stigmato

Standard Member
Turtle Beach make a series of headphones for the XBOX that have both game audio and voice chat come through. They don't yet have a set for the PS3 but there is another company (Sharkoon I think!) that might offer something.

I was searching on Google for this and checked out Turtle Beach's website. It turns out that they now have a solution for the PS3 called the "Ear Force PX1" which is just like the X-Box headset. It includes a USB soundcard and does both voice chart and all in game sounds. Here's the link:

Ear Force PX1

Thanks for the help!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom