PS3 Wireless and Linksys

MadMaelstrom

Got one of the Linksys Pre-N combined DSL router and wireless all in one jobbies.
Have no problems with it, laptops, 360 all hook up fine.
Trouble is...I go through the PS3 internet settings and enter all the details and the WPA-PSK key and when it goes to test it just sits there and eventually fails with a "key exchange time out" error.
Anyone else seen this?

Xmax250

Novice Member
I had a similar problem with my Linksys router a few days back when I was trying to get a laptop to connect to it wirelessly. The router was setup to use WPA but the laptop thought it was WEP?!

A firmware upgrade on the router cured the problem - might be worth checking the firmware revision on your router?

MadMaelstrom

Did it and a couple of resets later all is well.

Now to wait for my broadband to kick in on Monday

quarryfied

Banned
Got one of the Linksys Pre-N combined DSL router and wireless all in one jobbies.
Have no problems with it, laptops, 360 all hook up fine.
Trouble is...I go through the PS3 internet settings and enter all the details and the WPA-PSK key and when it goes to test it just sits there and eventually fails with a "key exchange time out" error.
Anyone else seen this?

trying to connect my linksys wireless g access point to the 20gb right now, what settings do i use, i can't find where you enter the wep key that's needed, where do i enter it? any help appreciated

edit: decided to sell the access point, it's not happening, and will go for a 60gb ps3.

S

shining

have found wpa & tkip work fine with my netgear router and ps3. still a bit lame that ps3 doesnt support WPA2....