ps3 website to view and add mates?

cabanatuan

Banned
Hi. i have a ps3 and a 360 and on the 360, i am able to go to the xbox live website and login to view my friends online and offline and to also add new friends and send messages through the actual website and i was wondering if ps3 has a similar website where i simply login using my psn name and bam i can begin adding you guys to my friends list while im here stuck at work :thumbsup:

Zeromajor

Hi. i have a ps3 and a 360 and on the 360, i am able to go to the xbox live website and login to view my friends online and offline and to also add new friends and send messages through the actual website and i was wondering if ps3 has a similar website where i simply login using my psn name and bam i can begin adding you guys to my friends list while im here stuck at work :thumbsup:

There's no such system for the psn. Hopefully with the advent of home sony will pull their finger out and get something like this sorted.

I think the most important thing for them at the moment is to build the psn's service into something on a par with what xbl has.

They're certainly taking their time about it.

cabanatuan

Banned
ahh i see. its a shame you cant access your psn account on a website. surely that would only take a week or two to implement given if 5-6 people work on it(yes i know alot about web developing/software)

heck give me the psn server IP details and i could come up with somthing within a couple of weeks myself hehe

Zeromajor

ahh i see. its a shame you cant access your psn account on a website. surely that would only take a week or two to implement given if 5-6 people work on it(yes i know alot about web developing/software)

heck give me the psn server IP details and i could come up with somthing within a couple of weeks myself hehe

I'm not a software developer but i imagine it wouldn't be that simple. Maybe if they'd thought ahead and put it in place before people started signing upto the service....

Not having used the xbl version before, is this something that a lot of people use?

cabanatuan

Banned
maybe i over exaturated abit but tbh it wouldnt take more then a month to implement it. all you need to do is send teh exact same requests you do that the ps3 does but within a website. converting the server to accept http requests is not that hard to do as i imagine that the psn network uses socket connections.

See you've made it over from Evo-Web :)

I'm a Project Manager for a web design company, and if you can do that in a week or two then we have a job for you! (mine!) :rotfl:

cabanatuan

Banned
LOL is that you from evo web? haha this forum is quality though. and i could make a simple one similar to LIVE in maybe 2-3 weeks? come on now this type of thing wouldnt take a year to implement let alone months with around 5-10 people working on it

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom