PS3 + Webcam + Windows Live messenger

tempusseven

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to get a webcam hooked up to the PS3 and run something like WLM for internet chat with people using a PC.

I can imagine the answer is no but I gotta ask.

Is there anyway to get a webcam hooked up to the PS3 and run something like WLM for internet chat with people using a PC.

I can imagine the answer is no but I gotta ask.

If you install linux, you can use a program like Pidgin, a Linux alternative to WLM :smashin:

If you install linux, you can use a program like Pidgin, a Linux alternative to WLM :smashin:

Cheers for that - I take it there is no other way which does not involve messing with the software - its my lads PS3 and only 3 months old so I dont really want to mess it up

Currently no. There are some 3rd party web based MSN/Live messenger clients that half work on the PS3 browser (the one at mobile.msn.com for example), but as far as I know none of them support webcams. The only way it would be possible without linux is if either sony or microsoft make a client (both very unlikely) or if people manage to hack the PS3 firmware to allow homebrew software and someone makes a homebrew client (although that would likelly be illigal)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom