PS3...v1.3 HDMI

leamspaceman

Distinguished Member
According to T3 this month, the PS3 will have v1.3 HDMI.

runam0k

Indeed. Sony confirmed that fact a few months ago.

EDIT: The 60GB version that is. No HDMI on the 20GB version.

Brendetta

Standard Member
I have a samsung le26r74bd but will the ps3 still be compatible with my tv. Dose the tv's have to have 1.3 hdmi aswell.

Smak

Brendetta said:
I have a samsung le26r74bd but will the ps3 still be compatible with my tv. Dose the tv's have to have 1.3 hdmi aswell.

Youre TV will be fine

Waynej

Distinguished Member
I have a Hyundai A321 - which has HDMI, but have been reading things about problems with SkyHD over HDMI - am I to expect problems with the PS3, if indeed I do decide to get one at some point in the future.

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Waynej said:
I have a Hyundai A321 - which has HDMI, but have been reading things about problems with SkyHD over HDMI - am I to expect problems with the PS3, if indeed I do decide to get one at some point in the future.
I don't know exactly which problems you're referring to about Sky HD and HDMI, but if it's about the HDCP chips going funny with some displays, I shouldn't worry, it's more than likely a fault of the Sky HD box as opposed to a fault inherent to HDMI connections. It should all be solved by Nov, I hope.

vloothuis

Standard Member
ps3 will have V1.3 HDMI, MMMmm

i went into my local games shop at lunch time and was told by them that they have heard from their games rep that they have dropped HDMI connections from the console. I did ask if he was sure that was the 60GB model. And he confirmed yes as they are still not going to sell the cheaper one. Apprently the games rep also annouced games should retail for £70... I say lets all wait and see till its all set in stone......

Anybody else hear the same?

WelshBluebird

vloothuis said:

i went into my local games shop at lunch time and was told by them that they have heard from their games rep that they have dropped HDMI connections from the console. I did ask if he was sure that was the 60GB model. And he confirmed yes as they are still not going to sell the cheaper one. Apprently the games rep also annouced games should retail for £70... I say lets all wait and see till its all set in stone......

All I'm gonna say is the last time I asked someone in game about an upcoming games machine (the PSP) I was told it would cost at least £230.

mickus66

vloothuis said:

See here for an explaination of what you have experienced !

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369255

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom