PS3, V+ Internet Connection

Vetman

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have virgin internet via cable modem, in one room and a v+set-up connecting the TV in another. I have just recently bought a PS3 and thought I may be able to connect an ethernet cable from the back of the V+ box to the PS3, but it's not working. I thought you could use your STB for internet connections, or am I missing something fundamenatl here ?

With the Samsung V box you could, but I'm not sure it works with V+ boxes. I'm assuming you have a subscription to their Broadband service. When I upgraded to a V+ they installed a separate modem, which I have plugged into a wireless thingy. I have spare sockets on the back of my wireless box, one of which is connected to my Sony Blu-ray. As far as I remember the V box was only capable of dealing with fairly low speed broadband. When I went up to 2MB (now 10MB) you needed a separate modem. I appears that the 50MB service requires another sort of modem.

Last edited:
Don't think that's enabled on the SA boxes. The old Pace boxes could do this but only up to 1 or 2Mbps IIRC.

With the Samsung V box you could, but I'm not sure it works with V+ boxes. I'm assuming you have a subscription to their Broadband service. When I upgraded to a V+ they installed a separate modem, which I have plugged into a wireless thingy. I have spare sockets on the back of my wireless box, one of which is connected to my Sony Blu-ray. As far as I remember the V box was only capable of dealing with fairly low speed broadband. When I went up to 2MB (now 10MB) you need a separate modem.

Ha, beat me to it! :)

Thank you for the super fast response Mike7 and Bikenut. I have the full Vigin package, TV. Phone and broadband, so think you must be right about the v+ box. Looks like I will be going down the wireless route.

Regards

Keith

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom