• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 USB Ports not working

Baldockjambo

Standard Member
Hi
PS3 USB ports do not charge the controllers. The controllers work wirelessly and can charge via any USB port, PC, etc but no life on the PS3.
It has suffered YLOD which has been repaired and failed a number of times. Since no power to USB and repeated YLOD I was worried that the cooling fan likewise had no power and so replaced the power supply. NO LUCK.
Can anyone diagnose any other fault that may be causing this or is it the end of the road for this PS3.
Any advice gratefully received.

Workshed

Prominent Member
Where did you send it to be repaired? If it was someone repairing it with a heatgun they may have either accidentally overheated (and destroyed) the USB controller or accidentally de-soldered it and/or the USB ports themselves.

Baldockjambo

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply - Home repair job (with some experience), it did not get hot enough to de-solder the joints but if the USB controller is on the main board then that could be a problem. I have read that other people have this problem despite not having done repairs.
I live and learn - but maybe not quick enough !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom