PS3 Update gets stuck

Dan2008

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What ever firmware i try to upgrade to (On a fixed YLOD PS3) , Gets to about 85% and sais there is an error and restarts and tries again.

Does this around 5 times and then shows :

An error occurred during the update operation

Press the power button to turn off the console, And unplug the AC Adapter for a few minutes and restart the console.

If it fails again write down the error code and contact techinal support.

Do you think something is wired up wrong? Is it to do with the PSN being down? As i can't figure it out.

I've updated the firmware on my PS3 last week while PSN has been down, so that's not the problem.

What ever firmware i try to upgrade to (On a fixed YLOD PS3) , Gets to about 85% and sais there is an error and restarts and tries again.

Does this around 5 times and then shows :

An error occurred during the update operation

Press the power button to turn off the console, And unplug the AC Adapter for a few minutes and restart the console.

If it fails again write down the error code and contact techinal support.

Do you think something is wired up wrong? Is it to do with the PSN being down? As i can't figure it out.

have you tired doing it from a USB drive?

Should have said that im doing it by USB, Tried 3 different sticks/also reformatted each one and still the same.

Dan2008 said:
Should have said that im doing it by USB, Tried 3 different sticks/also reformatted each one and still the same.

Are you able to attempt it online through the console? Can you get in to the recovery menu?

It's a common problem. I haven't seen a definite solution for it yet.

I think the usual fix is to put the original HD back, do the update, and then replace the HD.

Unfortunately not an option for you.

I think the usual fix is to put the original HD back, do the update, and then replace the HD.

Unfortunately not an option for you.

Not a definite solution, but may work in a few cases.

I took it to bits again and re-assembled - Now works :)

Thanks for all your help.

Just one question, Everytime i turn it off for say 5 minutes it reset's date/time, Anyone know how to fix the battery in as i have obviously put it in wrong lol

Dan2008 said:
I took it to bits again and re-assembled - Now works :)

Thanks for all your help.

Just one question, Everytime i turn it off for say 5 minutes it reset's date/time, Anyone know how to fix the battery in as i have obviously put it in wrong lol

Glad to hear you got it working. :smashin:

From memory the battery just sort of snapped/clipped in to place (at least from what I remember when taking my 60GB apart).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom