PS3 Trade in Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomo1989

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just as a matter of interest does anyone know how much i wud get for trading in my Ps3 with motrostorm and F1 Championship Edition??

Thanks

Tom

ill give you £50 cash (well £45 in cash and the rest in buttons)

cash converters will probably give you £225 ish

then before your out the door they will have it in the window for £375

Agree with the post below leave cash convetors well alone. Your best bet would either be via gamestation or selling it online on ebay.

Would suspect you would get between £300-£400 on ebay for it.I got a Jap PS3 60GB version for £300 with no games last week.Otherwise I might of been interested.

Good Luck

Why are you looking to sell it?

yeh i am looking at selling as i only play on it because of the f1 game and its not worth the money wen the future games that are coming out for it are all going to be on the 360 with better online fetures so its just a waste of money.

Thanks
Tom

yeh i am looking at selling as i only play on it because of the f1 game and its not worth the money wen the future games that are coming out for it are all going to be on the 360 with better online fetures so its just a waste of money.

Thanks
Tom

The online isnt bad on the PS3. I've never had any trouble. Id rather have the PS3's better graphics on cross platform games. I think you'll find Lair, Heavenly Sword, MGS4, Killzone 2, Ratchet and Clank, The Getaway and Tekken 6 wont be on the X360. Most of them are out in less than 5 months.

Do you still have the receipt?

The online isnt bad on the PS3. I've never had any trouble. Id rather have the PS3's better graphics on cross platform games. I think you'll find Lair, Heavenly Sword, MGS4, Killzone 2, Ratchet and Clank, The Getaway and Tekken 6 wont be on the X360. Most of them are out in less than 5 months.

I think you hit the nail on ther head there as to why he is selling it, only MGS4 is of killer app status and the rest are just meh.

If you have a receipt you could take it back and say that you didn't realise that your TV wasn't HDCP Compatible, so you have tried playing it through composite cables but found the graphics to be unacceptable and due to this reason you can't understand why you should pay £425 essentially for a PS2 on Steroids.

(If they say about buying component cables, say that your tv doesn't have a component input)

I think you hit the nail on ther head there as to why he is selling it, only MGS4 is of killer app status and the rest are just meh.

Either you havent done your research or you favour the X360. The same could be said for the X360 line up with Halo 3 being a killer ap. Indeed Halo 3 is a killer ap but look deeper and you find other gems. Which is the same on PS3. Many concider MGS4 as the only title worth getting because its the only one they have heard of. Lair is a good example of a game to show of PS3. The developers say that the X360 isnt powerful enough to make this game work while the PS3 takes it in its stride.

The developers say that the X360 isnt powerful enough to make this game work while the PS3 takes it in its stride.

I think the developers are just spirting junk out of there mouth as the 360 has more than enough power.

As you said you need to lok at what games are available both the ps3 and xbox 360 have excellent games on them , at the moment the 360 has way more but this will balance in time.

If the original poster is a true gaming fan then he should see the benefits of both consoles and which games will play better on which console.

I think the developers are just spirting junk out of there mouth as the 360 has more than enough power.

As you said you need to lok at what games are available both the ps3 and xbox 360 have excellent games on them , at the moment the 360 has way more but this will balance in time.

If the original poster is a true gaming fan then he should see the benefits of both consoles and which games will play better on which console.

Yeah the X360 is very powerful but I'm pretty sure there are things it cant do. The Cell processor is pretty revolutionary which is why the developers of Lair are sticking to PS3 as they dont want to limit what they can do just to get it on X360. The top experts agree which is why we have the whole folding thing. I think its going to be the reverse of the whole Xbox more powerful than PS2 we had a few years back with the PS3 more powerful than X360.

I do think that people with no interest in Blu ray films or online play will see thier PS3 gathering dust until late summer (aug/sept) when the games come out. It will def be worth the wait.

Either you havent done your research or you favour the X360. The same could be said for the X360 line up with Halo 3 being a killer ap. Indeed Halo 3 is a killer ap but look deeper and you find other gems. Which is the same on PS3. Many concider MGS4 as the only title worth getting because its the only one they have heard of. Lair is a good example of a game to show of PS3. The developers say that the X360 isnt powerful enough to make this game work while the PS3 takes it in its stride.

You are kidding right? Yes i have a 360 and I want a PS3 also but the 360 has Mass Effect,Bio Shock,Forza 2 and Halo 3, all KILLER apps. So I have done the research and clearly you have not. The PS3 lineup up for this year is a JOKE (For exclusives). Capcom have also just delayed Devil May Cry 4, OUCH,although this is also out for the 360

The developers say that the X360 isnt powerful enough to make this game work while the PS3 takes it in its stride.

Not this old chesnut again. Developers will always say whatever it takes to get the young & naive to believe their console is being totally maxed out by their new game. The truth is, there's little difference between the two consoles in terms of technical ability. The 360 just has a much better online service, which is important to me.

Yeah the X360 is very powerful but I'm pretty sure there are things it cant do. The Cell processor is pretty revolutionary which is why the developers of Lair are sticking to PS3 as they dont want to limit what they can do just to get it on X360. The top experts agree which is why we have the whole folding thing. I think its going to be the reverse of the whole Xbox more powerful than PS2 we had a few years back with the PS3 more powerful than X360.

I do think that people with no interest in Blu ray films or online play will see thier PS3 gathering dust until late summer (aug/sept) when the games come out. It will def be worth the wait.

I see your points, i know the ps3 has a more powerfull cpu as the sell is twice as powerfull as the 360 but the gpu is way more better on the 360. I think as you were saying there would maybe be limits but i think the ps3 gpu will have limits .
In my oppinion though , i think the game would be able to play on the 360 with no problems, but if the game is designed for the ps3 and a simple port would not work.

What would have been nice, would have been the gpu from the 360 in the ps3.

Or even better if they but the good parts from bothconsoles togeather e.g live and GPU and possibly controller from the 360 and get the cpu and fan etc from the ps3 :)

my friend put his Dubai PS3 in my UK PS3 box took it to gamestation, they gave him like £300 cash and he bought one for another £100 more from WHSmith I think

I see your points, i know the ps3 has a more powerfull cpu as the sell is twice as powerfull as the 360 but the gpu is way more better on the 360. I think as you were saying there would maybe be limits but i think the ps3 gpu will have limits .
In my oppinion though , i think the game would be able to play on the 360 with no problems, but if the game is designed for the ps3 and a simple port would not work.

What would have been nice, would have been the gpu from the 360 in the ps3.

Or even better if they but the good parts from bothconsoles togeather e.g live and GPU and possibly controller from the 360 and get the cpu and fan etc from the ps3 :)

Would be nice. They would call it the PS360 and the rrp would be £725 and live would cost us £50 p.a.

And yet another thread decends.....

You are kidding right? Yes i have a 360 and I want a PS3 also but the 360 has Mass Effect,Bio Shock,Forza 2 and Halo 3, all KILLER apps. So I have done the research and clearly you have not. The PS3 lineup up for this year is a JOKE (For exclusives). Capcom have also just delayed Devil May Cry 4, OUCH,although this is also out for the 360

I have done my research.I would say that Heavenly Sword, Lair, Killzone, MGS4, GT5 and Tekken 6 are just as much KILLER APS as the ones you mention above. I wouldnt call them a joke.

Every other thread? :)

Yeah.. every odd numbered thread :D

It seems like every other thread here turns into a 360 Vs. PS3 argument. :eek: :rolleyes: :boring:

yes and no

to be honest the specs dont matter to me aslong as i get good gameplay. Its like resident evil 4 I will get it on the wii when it comes out as i think it will be excellent on there but i also have it on the PC :)

And yet another thread decends.....

I agree you should be able to talk about how good the PS3 is on the PS3 forum without a X360 fanboy telling you all the PS3 games are crap.

Every other thread? :)

Well maybe not every other thread but you know what I mean. Too many threads seem to be going that way these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom