PS3 to TV via Component cable...?

kbj242

Novice Member
Hello all - I'm likely to get a PS3 in the not too distant, but I have a standard-def Panasonic plasma which has no HDMI input...so I'll have to use the Component connection.

Has anyone out there got any views on the quality of the picture via this route? I guess the PQ must be fairly good - despite not being HD.

Is DVD playback also decent via component cable...Anyone ?

Thanks in advance.

rjarvis

Novice Member
Hi,

I run my PS3 through component to my Panasonic 42PWD7 and the picture quality is stunning.Blu Ray is amazing and this has stopped me investing in a HD set just yet as I don't feel the difference is worth it.

Regards

Richard.

w3dal

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I run my PS3 through component to my Panasonic 42PWD7 and the picture quality is stunning.Blu Ray is amazing and this has stopped me investing in a HD set just yet as I don't feel the difference is worth it.

Regards

Richard.

same screen and setup. only been using component for the last week -set to 720p and looks brilliant :)

grey fox

Novice Member
I have a 42pe50 and use the official component cables to connect, and the picture quality is lovely:thumbsup:

kbj242

Novice Member
Just for the info of anyone looking for a similar set up.

Got my PS3 yeserday - now hooked up to my 37" Panasonic (non-HD) plasma - via component - and set to 575P output.....looks totally awesome !! Have played "MotorStorm" and "CM Dirt"...fantastic PQ. Sharp, detailed and colourful.
BluRay and standard DVD's also looks as good as ever.

Sound (via optical and Sony amp) also superb.

So for anyone non HD / HDMI..have no fear. The PS3 rocks on these screens.

Thanks to all of the above for their responses previously.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom