ps3 stuck in install loop ps3 stuck in install loop error code 8002F1F0

Masked

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello

I believe my ps3 slim 120gb has finally bricked.

It completely froze earlier had to remove power cable to turn it off.

When I powered it back on it couldn't find the system software and asked me to go to SCE website and update the system via usb key which I did.

The update reached 99% and didn't move. Came back over an hour later it was still at 99%, again only way I could turn it off was by pulling out the power cable.

Tried again, got stuck at 99%, and again, and again......

Every time I turn on ps3 it starts the install I can't stop it.

Did some more research on fixes, tried removing the hard drive mid install so it kicked me back to a 60 sec timer asking me to replace HD in the hope it would get me out of the install loop (a widely used fix that unfortunately didn't work for me)

I'm unable to force the ps3 in safe mode either as soon as I power it on it starts installing. The power button makes 2 bleeps whenever you touch it, really distressing bleeps like it's about to be carted off to electrical grief box heaven.

I've tried EVERYTHING! This is a fairly common problem just wondering if anyone has ever fixed it themselves without having to send to Sony?

fairly common problem I've never heard of it before only ever heard of YLOD xD

To me there is nothing else you can do yourself.

There is something you can do, take it apart making sure any latent power has been expelled(pull out power lead and hold power button for 10 seconds or so), take off the cover, about 12 screws I think, then remove the power supply, 2 screws, an easy way to remove this is lift and gently tilt back whilst still lifting, it should come out very easy, remove the Bluray drive and directly underneath it you should find the Cmos battery, remove it and with a screw driver short the two points together, simply put everything back together and hopefully that may help, it has worked for a Phat I've had in the past so good luck, remember, always good to research first and act last.

Update. Sony have agreed to replace the console FOC.

It was the right thing for them to do considering it was a replacement from them 10 months ago.

Only get a 3 month warranty with the one they're sending after that it will cost me 110 notes to get fixed by them.

Thanks for the help

Update. Sony have agreed to replace the console FOC.

It was the right thing for them to do considering it was a replacement from them 10 months ago.

Only get a 3 month warranty with the one they're sending after that it will cost me 110 notes to get fixed by them.

Thanks for the help

Excellent, glad to here that Sony are doing the right thing, good luck with your next one:).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom