PS3 Software releases

pprovart

Standard Member
Hi,

Some people have posted comments like "This should be fixed in release 2.0 of the PS3 software release". How do you know?

Is there a Roadmap list of anticipated features and fixes for the PS3 available anywhere.?

I'd like Sony to publish something like this .. BTW i did do a google search and didnt find anything.

Also, this may be a good thread to track rumours of fixes, features in each anticipated software release for the PS3.

cheers
pete

Hi,

Some people have posted comments like "This should be fixed in release 2.0 of the PS3 software release". How do you know?

Is there a Roadmap list of anticipated features and fixes for the PS3 available anywhere.?

I'd like Sony to publish something like this .. BTW i did do a google search and didnt find anything.

Also, this may be a good thread to track rumours of fixes, features in each anticipated software release for the PS3.

cheers
pete

Sony have always stayed very quiet about what's in development, and simply spring it on people. A very different approach to how Microsoft play things. Home for example has been in development for over 2 years, pre-dating some of the features people claim they stole from Microsoft and Nintendo. Sometimes playing your cards close to your chest does not have advantages.

Personally, I wish Sony were more open with what they are working on...

MattZani

Banned
there has been news of DVD upscale. and the rest are rumours, most of them half true. hopefully PS1 games will be added to our store, along with the ability to play them on PS3 aswell as PSP.

Nothing really official, all we know is the next update is 2.0

bishman

Home for example has been in development for over 2 years, pre-dating some of the features people claim they stole from Microsoft and Nintendo.
Do you know for sure that those features have all been there for the last two years? Is it possible some could have been added along the way as they see what the competition does?

MattZani

Banned
no, it was in development for PS2, but as it was taking so long, they made it for PS3, and let them make it soo much better!

Moogle

Distinguished Member
All i care about at the moment is that the next update fixes pes6 on the ps3 and soon!!!!!:lease:

By the time Pro Evo 6 gets fixed Pro Evo 7 will be out. ;)

Ninjapaul

LittleBigPlanet will be more important for Sony than Home. Especially if they get the user content working well.

Sony have always stayed very quiet about what's in development, and simply spring it on people. A very different approach to how Microsoft play things. Home for example has been in development for over 2 years, pre-dating some of the features people claim they stole from Microsoft and Nintendo. Sometimes playing your cards close to your chest does not have advantages.

Personally, I wish Sony were more open with what they are working on...

Yeah it does make it harder for us when X360 owners go on about what they can do that we cant. It would be good if we were able to tell them this is what u can do but in a months time we can go one better.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom