• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

PS3 slim...

x2srj

Brought a PS3 slim last night from Asda with Fifa 10 (£235)

Booted it up this morning... click on update firmware 3.01; when ticking the box to shutdown after install and then continue.. machine froze... had to switich off and on...

Just installed a few games that I had on my account already (already own a luanch PS3) and upon install it froze again; had to switch it off..

as the machine booted up I see the PS3 appear and then nothing; just stars all over the screen... bloody thing! I sold a PS3 80GB to get this slim... GRR

Sounds like a faulty HDD to me but I could be wrong... any one else have this issue?

anobium

Take it back or could be hdmi handshake problem, i had problems with my picture keep going off but I tried different hdmi and it is now fine also if you have a tv with either sony or samsung make sure it connects via anynet, or bravia sync as this helped me.

blacklion

Novice Member
Brought a PS3 slim last night from Asda with Fifa 10 (£235)

Booted it up this morning... click on update firmware 3.01; when ticking the box to shutdown after install and then continue.. machine froze... had to switich off and on...

Just installed a few games that I had on my account already (already own a luanch PS3) and upon install it froze again; had to switch it off..

as the machine booted up I see the PS3 appear and then nothing; just stars all over the screen... bloody thing! I sold a PS3 80GB to get this slim... GRR

Sounds like a faulty HDD to me but I could be wrong... any one else have this issue?

There are reports all over the internet about recent PS3 firmware updates (3.0 and 3.01) partially or totally bricking consoles. Google is your friend:)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom