• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 Setup and blu ray region coding dvd's/games

S

SuzyG

ok

i have my PS3 after a 16 day wait from Empirestores.co.uk.

I have a Hitatchi 5200H plasma and when i set the PS3 to 1080i it leaves a band of static down the left hand side (a few inches of no signal like when you dont tune in your tv to a station). My Sky HD box at 1080i doesnt do this.

Even stranger is that the plasma doesnt accept a 720p signal via HD box - and this is well documented - but accepts a 720p signal perfectlt via the PS3!!!!

thats strange dont you think????

Anyhow - can anyone tell me the basics of Blu Ray Region codes and where they cover (if they have indeed been introduced)

thanks

Moogle

Distinguished Member
T

tricky1974

I wonder if the picture problems is because the PS3 HDMI is 1.3a and there isn't a lot of tv's that support that,But I've tryed my ps3 on my plasma and lcd's and had no problems have you tryed connecting your ps3 by componant?

S

SuzyG

im obviously gonna sound dumb here but the only splitter i seemed to have got was to turn hdmi into composite or scart

I wonder if the picture problems is because the PS3 HDMI is 1.3a and there isn't a lot of tv's that support that,But I've tryed my ps3 on my plasma and lcd's and had no problems have you tryed connecting your ps3 by componant?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom