• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 Settings getting reset

Albie

Standard Member
Recently being having a problem with my PS3 in that the settings seem to get reset.

This mainly looks like the display / sound settings.

When I turn the PS3 on, instead of being displayed in 1080p format, it seems to be in large format, and says that it has found a HDMI connection, and would you like to output video and sound through this .. so I say Yes, and set it all back up.

It then works for a couple of days, and then when I switch it on again, get the same message as if the settings have been reset.

This is connected to a panasonic 42" plasma via HDMI and to an Amp via optical. The only other thing, is that I do have an HDMI Splitter, but this is of the auto-sensing style.

Help !!

winstano

Established Member
How long do you hold the power button down when you power off your PS3? (Presuming you don't turn it off via the controller?)

If you hold it down too long it'll reset the display settings of the PS3...

feaviolp

Prominent Member
How long do you hold the power button down when you power off your PS3? (Presuming you don't turn it off via the controller?)

If you hold it down too long it'll reset the display settings of the PS3...

Isn't that holding the button when you turn on rather than off? Either way - it's a good point :smashin:

winstano

Established Member
I thought it was either way? *shrugs* Ah well...

Albie

Standard Member
I usually switch on the PS3 using the controller, but when switching off sometimes (if the kiddies have turned it on, and I cannot be bothered turning the tv on), I do tend to hold down the power button to switch it off.

It is only really since the update a couple of weeks ago, that his has started happening. Had the PS3 for 8 months, and never had this trouble with holding it down to switch it off before.

stormy

Prominent Member
Mine has done this a couple of times recently too and I can't put my finger on why, I reboot to find it beep a couple of times and then say HDMI is detected.

It doesn't do it all the time, prolly done it twice in 20 or 30 cycles but its annoying.

I usually power down using the controller and always switch off the rocker when the machine has fully switched off and the power light is red. I never leave it in standby.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom