• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PS3 screws up broadcasts

• Thread starter Deleted member 36193
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 36193

I've only just noticed that if the PS3 is switched on, it destroys the TV signal.
The PS3 is connected to the TV by HDMI, and the PVR is connected by good quality scart. The signal disappears completely to the PVR and the TV as soon as the PS3 is turned on (whether it's spinning a disc or just idling awaiting commands). The PS3 is not connected to the internet at the time.

Usually it isn't a problem, but tonight I wanted to record something whilst playing a disc, and couldn't as there is no aerial signal reaching the box. Normally it shows as excellent quality, but only about 50% strength.

How do I stop this? It may have been the case since the PS3 was installed last April, but tonight is the first time I've noticed it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom