• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ps3 & samsung sm2333hd graphics quality

PhilSick

Standard Member
Hello all. Hoping someone can help me:
reviews on the sm2333hd are very good indeed, but for me I'm having a bad time playing ps3 games graphic quality wise!
Connected via hdmi lead; ps3 set to 1080p & in top left hand corner it seems to change it to 720p automatically when starting a game. The graphics looked like an old windows 95 setup!
In ps3 settings I "un-ticked" 1080 & left 720p ticked only. Much better but still no where near as good as the quality on my older samsung lcd tv (not 1080p compatable) which is the quality I expected with the sm2333hd!!
Any advice would be truly appreciated.

Thank you.

Phil...

Last edited:

cols

There's no point in trying to force it to output 1080p to your TV. Most games are in 720p at the moment and it's best to just let the ps3 choose the best output resolution.

If your picture isn't looking good maybe try calibrating your screen - sharpness or contrast might be up too high, you might have some gimmicks turned on in your tv settings, etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom