PS3 question

ICanNWiLL

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a PS3 that my dog Peed on and now it doesn’t work so I went out and got another PS3 and it was jailbroken I restored it and lost the files that made it function now I can’t get into PlayStation network and I can’t play games for you to or Netflix anything I was wondering if I switched out the hard drives if that would unlock this new PS3 I got. But the PS three hard drives are incompatible the first PS3 was a slim with the sliding door this PS3 that I just got is the big body one. Please any help would be appreciated because the new PS three doesn’t work for me now in anyway and it’s going to be a complete loss if I can’t get it to work

Enclosed is a picture of the new PS3 with the hard drive of my first PS3 slim. That’s how I know they are incompatible because there is a four prong on the left that isn’t on the hard drive picture. If anyone lives in New York I am willing to meet suicide to resolve my problem thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 51
That looks like the PS3 slim (not the OG phat PS3) and you are comparing to the PS3 super slim.

The PS3 slim takes a 2.5 inch SATA drive up to 9.5mm thick

The super slim takes 2.5 inch SATA up to 7.5mm thick so should fit in your slim.

You could, however, just restore your jailbroken PS3.

1. Go to the Sony website and download the latest version of the system software
2. Put the file onto a USB stick in a folder PS3 > UPDATE and put the file PS3UPDAT.PUP in that folder.
3. Go to System Update on PS3 and select update via storage media
4. Select the USB
5. Accept agreements and install

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom