PS3-QNAP-Twonky issue

mleg

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Needing lots of help! Please be patient and kind with me..not very techincally. :facepalm:

I was trying to get my qnap to talk to my S3 phone so clearly I've mucked about with settings, changing access permissions etc via the laptop. :blush:

Previously the qnap has been linked with my sonos player, ipad and ps3, for various content. Now whatever ive done, ive had to make the sonos and ipad 'forget' the qnap so that i can switch user from admin to another username to show up the content (was getting a access denied msg on both media players)

How do I get the ps3 to forget the log in details so I can switch the user? The twonkymedia icon on ps3 now shows no content :(

What have I changed that now no longer allows access to media via admin setting?

I'm not technically at all.....pure fluke I managed to the get the thing set up in the 1st place lol!! Its worked fine for the past 12 months, until i stupidly starting messing around with it!!

help :lease:

idiots, step-by-step guide required

mleg

I have a qnap ts110 and not sure what you mean about "login details" as far as the PS3 is concerned . I assume you mean the twonky icon on the xmb under photo, music and video? I have never had to login from these points to play my media. Please explain?

I have a qnap ts110 and not sure what you mean about "login details" as far as the PS3 is concerned . I assume you mean the twonky icon on the xmb under photo, music and video? I have never had to login from these points to play my media. Please explain?

No idea :rolleyes:

It must be settings I've changed with my TS-110. All I know is that none of content from my Qnap shows up on my ps3. The twonkymedia icon is there but no content. Tried re-searching for media players with same outcome.

I've clearly edited Qnap settings, so any advice????:lease:

Settings for Qnap? :lease:

Have you tried going into twonkys settings and rescanning the directories?

Not sure how you do that but I would do so by using my laptop, login to admin, application severs, upnp server, then click on twonky link. Then rebuild database from there.

Not sure how you do that but I would do so by using my laptop, login to admin, application severs, upnp server, then click on twonky link. Then rebuild database from there.

Thanks, I'll give that a go, see how I get on :thumbsup:

sorted!! Setting this up in the 1st place was a complete fluke! However, with your help ive rebuilt database and its working great :thumbsup:

Ok I thought it was working :(

PS3 says media unsupported?!!!

Ive got MP4, AVI etc but ps3 saying not supported?!

:lease: help..........................again!!!!!!!

Apart from downloading ps3 video 9 on your pc and converting the videos to mpeg 2 all I can think of at the moment is to go back into twonky , go to transcoding and tick the box to transcode to mpeg 2.

Its also worth checking your Twonky settings for 'clients' and make sure the PS3 is not being identified as a 'generic client'. You can select this manually from the drop down list. Just go to media recievers and check your ps3 is listed, (it must be on) if it isnt then click on the drop down list as it describes to change it manually. If there are more ip addresses in there than devices you have connected twonky then reset the list as there could be a conflict. Let me know how you get on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom