PS3, PS Vita, and PSP Online Stores to Close This Summer

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surely they won't stop access to download previous purchases.

I've just bought another vita so will have to get what I want now before the price for physical carts goes through the roof.

Still able to download my old PSP purchases last I checked so it will probably be the same with PS3 and Vita purchases I'm guessing.

Locking people out of potentially thousands of pounds of purchases would be madness.

Wouldn't shock me though.

Surely they won't stop access to download previous purchases.

I've just bought another vita so will have to get what I want now before the price for physical carts goes through the roof.

hopefully you can still download your previous stuff I would have said yes definitely but with sony you never know

I hope they do a final big sale before they close the store

My guess (and it is just a guess) is that you will not be able to download previously purchased content. This is done via the store & if the store cannot be accessed........

My guess (and it is just a guess) is that you will not be able to download previously purchased content. This is done via the store & if the store cannot be accessed........
you can download ps3 games via your download list on your account rather than accessing that through the store

When you bring the store up on the Vita, there's a option in the bottom that brings up your download history.

Hopefully Sony leave that in place.

When you bring the store up on the Vita, there's a option in the bottom that brings up your download history.

Hopefully Sony leave that in place.
I would doubt it the store will be gone is there another way to access download list on a vita ?

I would doubt it the store will be gone is there another way to access download list on a vita ?
No other way I can find.

However just checked my PS3 and the download list can be accessed through account management, transaction management.

I'm fairly certain that you need to turn off 2-step verification in order to transfer a file from the PS3 to a Vita or PSP which is a bit of a hassle. Been a while since I tried.

I can understand them wanting to close them (however surely more sales if they had reduced prices!) but wouldn't it have been the better solution to have them all still accessible through a pc store?

I Really hope it's not true as I still buy games every now & again for vita & psp. (try to be selection due to high prices) but if that is it then I'm done with playstation.
I've been a loyal user for 21 years, I'd even bought the psp, ps3, psp2000, pspgo, psvita & ps4 all on launch day! If this is it then I'll just stick with these consoles & in the future it'll be nintendo & PC.

The "foreseeable future" line is a little worrying imo.

Can easily be taken as code that eventually people won't be able to redownload purchased content, in the future. Just not yet.

I'm expecting that PS+ freebies will be the first to go.

I don't like where this is heading but it's going to be fascinating watching it play out. There's already a lot of people complaining about this shutdown and in the same week as Nintendo pulled some mario games from sale it's concerning older titles will disappear entirely. It's also not helped by patching, if they eventually remove services entirely will even disc based copies be broken as you won't be able to get the patch.

The more frustrating thing is this wouldn't fly for any other media, but gaming again has no way to purchase or consume old media, imagine if classic albums were on vinyl and vinyl only, no Spotify or CDs. If there's no way to purchase old games surely emulation and piracy will be the only way for new generations to play the classics if studios don't port them over. It's going to be interested to see if this timing impacts Sony's sales as well, Xbox clearly capitalised on the opportunity to go ahead and confirm xcloud backwards compatibility. Gamers can be a fickle bunch and k wouldn't be surprised if they get protective over their games and think Microsoft will be the best console storefront that will stick around.

dont think Microsoft can be counted on better yes they will sell old games but the games still need updates and even the old games are all downloaded.

Think Sony are throwing themselves under the bus a little bit with this move, I have a Vita and while I don’t play it very often it’s essential for the first 3 RE games I have on that system. They’re downloaded so hopefully this won’t affect playability in the future.

I look at what Xbox is doing with backward compatibility, auto HDR, FPS boost then we get PlayStation doing their thing, closing Stores. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Been looking at getting the Ratchet and Clank games on ps3 and the prices for discs have gone crazy. Glad they've reversed this decision now as they're only £10 each for digital.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom